What's new

Cremo v others

I've been using Cremo for the last couple of years. It's pretty effective, it's inexpensive, it's simple to use, it comes in enough "flavors" that it offers variety. It leaves me wondering though, what other products should I consider? Am I missing out on the best shave ever because I'm lazy or in a rut?

If it works for you, there’s no need to dive into a rabbit hole. If you want to enhance a bit your experience, the possibilities are endless. Personally I think it’s good stuff and I have it in two flavors, however it really shines with hot water, which is a big no for my skin

I've been using Cremo frequently for quite a few years, to save the time needed to create lather when I'm in a rush, and haven't found a brushless product which is clearly superior. Any number of creams and soaps feel nicer to me and needn't cost the earth, but all take a little more work. One excellent and economical cream is Speick.

I've been using Cremo for the last couple of years. It's pretty effective, it's inexpensive, it's simple to use, it comes in enough "flavors" that it offers variety. It leaves me wondering though, what other products should I consider? Am I missing out on the best shave ever because I'm lazy or in a rut?

I bought a large quantity of Creamo at commissary with coupon. Net cost $2.00/tube.

Products works, and was steal.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Cremo has an odd feeling to it on my face and on my hands. I binned mine and replaced it with the unscented version of Pacific Shaving Company Shaving Cream. It’s great for days with limited time as cleaning my brushes adds extra time to every shave and it’s a great travel product.

I haven’t tried it with cold water so I can’t report on that one.

There are hundreds of creams and soaps from all over the world available, all anyone here can do is tell you what they like and that is meaningless because the only way you can find out what works for you is to try a few things out.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
There are hundreds of creams and soaps from all over the world available, all anyone here can do is tell you what they like and that is meaningless because the only way you can find out what works for you is to try a few things out.
There is that.

I do find value in comparing notes, but you are correct. We can only be sure if we try it for ourselves.

My son loves Cremo & let me try it a couple times & it impressed me at how slick it was. :w00t:
If its working for you then you don't need much else for a great shave IMO.

I used to use it as I said above but quit with DE once I started using other soaps
but that might take some time to find one you love
for me Noble Otter is my fav
SV is also a fav and amazing
try a brush and bowl and some soaps

for camping I started using Lucky Tiger for a put on with fingers soap and like it better BUT its not as fun in the scent dept but I find it comes off easier and cleaner for me

If Cremo works for you, keep using it. If you want to branch out, there are lots of options - both creams and soaps.

I use Cremo occasionally, especially when I am in a hurry. The only thing about it is that it's somewhat difficult to see clearly where you have already shaved.

I'm a handful of months into sticking to DE shaving but Cremo is/was the only shave cream that I could use (with a cartridge) that wouldn't leave my neck cut up. And it unfortunately took me 20 years to find it. Cold, warm, hot...it didn't matter.

Unless your shaving in public place or doing so on camera if reality show. Most people do not have audience watching their save routine, or or what products you use, or shave with.

What work still works it it cost next to nothin, or big bucks.

The only two brushless creams that I use are Cremo Sandalwood and Noxzema. I feel that the Cremo works better.

I would like to try Lucky Tiger now, though.

I will be watching this thread, as brushless shaving creams do appeal to me.

Attachments

• 44B2DA1C-D5B6-4D41-B533-234DA0D9B800.jpeg
    44B2DA1C-D5B6-4D41-B533-234DA0D9B800.jpeg
    738.3 KB · Views: 3
Thank you. Have you tried it with cold water?
Relative cold to Arizona :) not Alaska cold :)

I do think both are sup par to clean up but I thought the Tiger cleans off a touch easier
again the YMMV

had a trip when it was cold maybe 40f tops the cremo and henson just blocked up so bad and made me change (again use it for camping)

did test the Tiger on its own here and it is a very good cream for putting on with fingers I find TOBS and Captains Choice better creams but they need a brush and bowl IMHO

There is that.

I do find value in comparing notes, but you are correct. We can only be sure if we try it for ourselves.
Yep, I tried several creams and found they didn’t work with my body chemistry. It’s definitely a personal choice/experience.

Top Bottom