What's new

What is you budget or do you have one?

If I see something I like . . . I buy it. Sometimes that necessitates selling something else, but so be it. Recent Safety Razor purchases have been financed by the sale of my straights, for example.

Don't really need anything and haven't for years.

The occasional budget soap/cream or aftershave purchase when on holiday for a little variety. Probably $10-20 a year the past few years. Benn outta SE blades for a while, so that's on the shopping list but has been for a year or so.

No budget but I'm incredibly cheap. I mull over every purchase for overly long....
That's my M.O. too. Constant circulation in and out of the cart.
  • I have one basket of soaps and creams, and they have to fit in that, so no more until I make room.
  • I have about 16 razors and there are only two vintage razors (Schick I2, and a Red-Tip SS) that I'm on the lookout for in the wild if I happen to be at a flea market or whatever, but don't plan to search eBay for.
  • 100 Pack of Astra SPs will keep me going for a long while, with a few odd 5-packs for variety that I got months ago.
  • There's only one brush I've got my eye on, an inexpensive Stirling synthetic, and I'll be looking for a knot to refurb a vintage brush I found.
  • Aftershaves: no buying without a sniff test first, so that slows me down somewhat. There are no decent brick & mortar sources in my area, except for basics like MSB, AV, Old Spice and the like.

That's my M.O. too. Constant circulation in and out of the cart.

I do the exact same thing, not only with shaving products. I notoriously grab a product at the store, carry it around, get to checkout, decide not to buy it. I have a hard time spending money.

No budget, but I have already purchased all the razors and brushes that I intend to own, so I don't see myself spending any more on those items. I order blades, carts, soap, or creme when I run low, but I don't keep a large stock of supplies on hand. I'm still trying to finish up the last batch of Feathers I ordered a couple of years ago (which is why I no longer buy stuff in large quantities).

Top Bottom