What's new

What is you budget or do you have one?

OK just thought I would put this out there? Mostly a new fresh topic. Sometimes a good thing?
So do you have a monthly/yearly budget? If so I am curious what it is?

So i will answer my question. Yes I do have a monthly budget and it is 25 bucks a month. I can add to that with permission (yes I am married ha ha) but really she deserves to know. And the only way to grant any extra is if I work overtime. I will also add to my account if I sell anything. I have my own debit card and she monitors my spending.
Please do not laugh at this but wet shaving almost cost me my marriage due to uncontrollable spending and not letting her know. I preach a budget maybe too much on this forum but it works for me.
So everyone have a great day and if you are a Father have a great Father day.

Att this time I only buy products I need to replace, i.e. A/s, or Williams soap pucks. My two razors and two brushes are all I need. Further, I have about 100 +/- blades in my inventory.

With a few exceptions, I have the razors I want and blades are pretty cheap. I spend my money on soaps. I'm trying to keep that at about $25-$35 a month on soaps.

No budget but I'm incredibly cheap. I mull over every purchase for overly long. Right now there are 2 razors that I have put in and out of my cart several times each.

I have 25 bucks a check go into my Rathole account. Wife does the same. We can spend it on whatever we want. I have too much shave soaps/creams as it is. Everything else is set. So usually we pool our Rathole money and splurge on a real nice date night once a month.

I can do whatever I'd like. I try to inject some common sense into that and make good decisions but if there's something that I really want I just buy it.

That being said there is absolutely nothing that I want or need at this moment. I've very happy with what I have and don't feel the need to add anything else at the moment. Maybe a soap here and there but that's about it.

Sabbaticals and things like that make me want items that I would have likely skipped. The whole want what you can't have thing comes into play and I end up buying more than I would have had I not been told that I couldn't.

100 Astra SP blades every 1,000-1200 shaves
Three pucks Williams approximately every 600 or more shaves.

Inexpensive razor or brush when one breaks. (About $12.00 each.)

I have way more razors than I need, and soaps enough for 2 years+. I'm turning a blind eye to any buying sites right now. I have about 600 razor blades, 4 brushes. Really, only thing I'll get now is restocking an aftershave or bath soap.

No budget but only buy something when i run out. One razor & one brush i use all the time, on hand have a half tub of Maca Root cream & scrapings in a Proraso Green soap tub, half a dozen blades. I may need to spend some money soon. Online will spend enough to qualify for free shipping, then stop, run supplies to nothing, spend...
dave

Don't have a budget as I am on a sabbatical but it makes sense to have one if your spending is out of control.

No budget for me. Things I need - I get. It's surprising how little one actually needs. If I fancy whatever I buy it. Thing is I don't want anything because I have all I could possibly want. Shaving related or not. It took me several years to come to this.
Word of advice: don't go cheap, better get something well made, a bit more expensive and well worth it (beware of phonies). In the long run it'll work out better. Plus it's a pleasure to use good quality stuff.
Non-material things are completely different story.

No budget. I need nothing right now. My wife pays attention to what I am eyeing and clues my sons in on gift suggestions so they usually add to my stash. In fact, last night I received a two Amazon packages from my son in NYC which I am sure contains some shaving goodies. Last year I received gifts that contained Tabac soap, four pucks from D.R. Windsor, various Klar soaps, among other things.

I budget per se, but I do feel guilty if I’ve loaded too much into the cart(s) for purchase.

I may make small purchases periodically throughout the year, but not often. My bigger buys I constrain to around tax season and Thanksgiving/Christmas sales.

Count me in the ‘no budget’ category!

My purchases fall in the extremes of ‘too cheap’ to pass up or, “This would be great for Christmas!!”:a29::a29:

I have no budget but just replace items as needed. Other than some Skin Bracer and AV I haven't bought anything in months.

I’m also a buy once, cry once spender. Never got out of control on anything either. I’m not a strict minimalist, but have paired down for 15-20 yrs. but I’ll buy something I want.

I haven’t bought much over the last 4 yrs probably, except for replacements.

Top Bottom