What's new

What is the worst blade you have used in your razor?

I cannot shave with a Derby Extra. I have tried them in a number of different razors. I have revisited them a few times over the years. I finally gave up and passed them on other shavers.

Not counting NOS blades that had lost their sharpness to oxidation, the worst new production would have to be the Treet Classic for me.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
So far for me it would have to be the Dorco ST 300 Platinum which is made in Korea. Horrible from the start, pulling and tugging and a very patchy shave.

Gillette blue(Shanghai).

I was using the Gillette blue (SH) blade on the Gillette plastic handle entry level shaver(8 RMB at walmart or about $1 USD), dull and simply hopeless. Not until a couple weeks later I swapped out the Gillette blue blade for an Astra SP, what a night and day difference just by blade change alone.

I'm going to add the personna barber blades to this. Too nasty. Worse than the merkur.

This blade tugged and grinded against my skin so badly I couldn't even finish 1 pass. :(

The 1961 Gillette Super Blue I pulled fresh out of a pack was really, really dull and tuggy, worse than anything else I'd ever used. From now on, nothing older than a Spoiler.

I think that the premiss should perhaps take the razor and blade combination both into account.

For example DORCO Prime ST302 leave trails of blood in their wake every time I have tried them.

My Merkur 23C is way too mild for me. I was going to PIF it.

Then I paired the 2 which gave me a close comfortable shave.

PS I really don't like Merkur blades.....

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

So far, Derby has been the worst for me.

The Astra in a Fatboy was terrible, and I wasn't impressed by the Gillette Green 7 O'Clock either.

Will give those 2 blades another try eventually, but not the Derby.

Oh thank heavens. I thought I was the only one that didnt have good luck with an Astra in a Fatboy. I was not terribly overwhelmed with it in a slim adjustable either.

Derby blades seem to work pretty well for me. I just used one last night in my Futur clone. Really close shave, no weepers, no irritation.

Astra SP blades, on the other hand, cause a lot of irritation on my neck. I need to retry the German Wilkinson Swords.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A rougher blade works better in a too-mild razor ... there's some salvation. Anyways.

My vote = Merkur.

AA

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Graham field prep blade

He's_right_you_know.jpg

Honorable mention to Trig Silver Edge and GSB. It might be a three way tie!

I love Derby Extra though. :)

Top Bottom