What's new

What is the worst blade you have used in your razor?

Flying Eagle carbon steel blades are still the worst I've experienced to date and the absolute worst by a good margin. Not sharp enough to actually cut through the hair but plenty sharp enough to grab hold of it allowing you to pull it out root and all. A couple swipes with this one is all you need to know that's it's complete garbage. I can't even make it through the first pass with these blades. I'd happily go back to carts if this was the only de blade available.

The blades many of you are listing are absolutely outstanding when compared to the Chinese Flying Eagle blades.
+1.... Flying Eagle $@#&!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

came 'free' with cheap Chinese razor

Same here. The free blade that came in a cheap $20 Wahl kit I bought at Wal-Mart. Razor is a knock off of the Merkur 34c. Nowhere near as good, but decent enough. Anyway, the blade that came with it was utter garbage and went in the trash after one pass.

Astra Superior Platinum. Absolutely trash.
I don't know how people can even use these things, let alone like them!
I find the Superior Stainless are pretty good, kinda strange.

Baili probably rates as the worst that I have tried, although there are other members of my ‘bottom tier.’

Dorcos are pretty rough, but these are even worse:
I am, however, tempted to try Merkurs after reading through many of the votes here.
quick tiger.jpg Tiger.jpg

Mem Super Silver Platinum from Serbia. So terribly bad that I discarded a brandnew blade after only three short strokes and disposed of the entire tuck.

Derby Extra. Every time I tried to re-visit them, I would toss the blade after half of one cheek. They just don't cut it. Literally.

Astra Superior Platinum. Absolutely trash.
I don't know how people can even use these things, let alone like them!
I find the Superior Stainless are pretty good, kinda strange.

Funny how our mileage varies. I've just had a great shave with an SP. Maybe It's because I angle the blade about 22 degrees.

I used an Astra SP last night in my Futur clone. Neck was irritated and it was not a great shave. It was a close shave, but had I an alum block with me on this trip, it would have stung something fierce. Apparently Astra SP blades and I don't get along to well.

I used an Astra SP last night in my Futur clone. Neck was irritated and it was not a great shave. It was a close shave, but had I an alum block with me on this trip, it would have stung something fierce. Apparently Astra SP blades and I don't get along to well.

Same here, i bought them because many people seem to like them, but they are not for me. Every time i used them, i got nicks and skin irritation, even in my mildest razor. After trying a few of these blades in different razors, i gave up on them.

Same here, i bought them because many people seem to like them, but they are not for me. Every time i used them, i got nicks and skin irritation, even in my mildest razor. After trying a few of these blades in different razors, i gave up on them.

I'm the same way with German Wilkis. I bought a tuck because people seemed to love them. They don't work for me at all.

Top Bottom