What's new

What is the worst blade you have used in your razor?

I just like your views on the worst blade you have used in your razor. For me the worst blades I have used are the Gillette 7 o'clock blades (black pack). Compared to the Israeli blades Ive been using, it feels like im shaving with a broken bottle. Nowhere near as smooth and comfy as the Israelis.

For me it's been Dorco ST300, Dorco ST301, but a clear loser by a considerable margin was the 7am blades (not the 7 o'clock) from Bangladesh. It was like shaving with a blunt cheesegrater

For me it was Derby's. Like shaving with a butterknife that fell into the garbage disposal when it was running, so it's sort of sharp, just enough to rub your skin into a red blotchy mess.

I have used the worst blade of any poster. I'm sure of this. I bought a nice Gillette Tech at an antique store. Included were several boxes of Gay brand blades, made by some company in New Jersey.They were still sealed in plastic. Never heard of them before and being the adventurous type I thought, "go for it." Mind you, these babies looked pristine and trust me, I looked them over well. 1/2" into the first pass and I'm screaming (inside). Figured there was something wrong with the razor. There wasn't. Tried at least two others in different razors and even corked one. No improvement. Now, I'm wondering if this is what it was like to shave in the old days. No wonder beards were so prevalent back in the day. If any one has an experience with this brand I'd love to hear about it.

That would have to be the Treet Blue(actually black) blade. Absolutely no cutting was going on-an absolute waste of metal.

marty

A Merkur blade in a long black handle Super Adjustable.. It wasn't terrible, but if I compare them to the other 2 blades I've used - Derbys and Feathers - they're not doing the job. Well.. have to try other blades from time to time :) I'm eager to try out some of the blades in my ordered sample pack.

In order of nastiness, worst to not so worst: Dorco 300, Dorco 301, Derby, Trig and Treet Platinum. All of them are horrible for me. I'd be better off with a piece of flint.

7AM... the worst - ever

I can and will use these. About the same as a Dorco 301 to me.

WalMart Personnas? No way. Horrible, inconsistent, painful.
Now, I have never used a Dorco 300, so I reserve the right to change that if need be.

ETA: The dullest blade I ever used was a NOS (1928!) Wade & Butcher Curved Safety Razor Blade.
I don't know if it is the thickness, polish, or age; but it was way dull. I cleaned it back off and use it as the display blade for my razor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom