What's new

What is the worst blade you have used in your razor?

While I was waiting for my DE blade sample pack, I made the mistake of buying some Care One blades at Hannafords super market. I managed two shaves before I tossed them in the garbage. A broken beer bottle would have given me a better shave.

Vintage Berkeley blades from the 1940s were my horror. Painfully abrasive..
I’m now wary of using old blades. I find most modern ones superior.

Astra SP. Like 19/20 blades are amazing. Then i get the defecting one that butchers my face

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Trig and I did not agree, multiple weepers with tugging. Tossed mid-shave
Got 50 Trigs to have in my den more out of curiosity. The price was accessible. I agree with you that they aren't the best but they gave a passable shave (used a Yaqi long handled DOC razor). What surprised me when I took one out of the pack was that there were no glue dots to be seen and the inner wrapper that effectively holds the blade was not made out of waxed paper but some sort of inferior pinkish paper with cellulose residue in it. Never seen that before.

Elios. The blades in the tuck I bought look uneven, but I tried one anyway. It was painful and I kept cutting myself. Funny thing is, I have no problem with Bolzano, which are made in the same factory. (I have no problem with them in an open comb, that is. Can't get them to cut anything in a closed comb.)

I've had blades that were iffy. Voskhod is iffy for me, but in a pinch I can use them. I know how to adjust to make them work. Elios? Forget it.

A new contender. Only one shave so it could have been a bed blade but rough as all get out. Dorco ST800 for Chinese market.
proxy.php

My worst blades I’ve used so far are Derby, Treet Durasharp and Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades. All three of those sliced my face up terribly every time I shaved with them regardless of which razor I put them in.

Astra greens... just f‘in hate them! Worst shaves of my life...

Always gave em a second and third chance, but they always disappoint with irritation and frickly shaves... a big nope!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The Van Der Hagens that came with my first DE razor. Butchered my face. Tried then after i built up my skills and it was still a massacre.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Chroma Diamant - german made junk IMHO.
Got 50 of these approx. 10 years ago in a bundle "deal" when buying a Merkur razor.
Absolutely the dullest blades I ever experienced - a Derby Extra or a Shark feels like a laser in comparison...

Guess I still have about 40 remaining....

Pack of five blades from Family Dollar for $2.

Overpriced, and absolutely a "one and done" use rate. No idea who makes them.

Top Bottom