What's new

What is the best shaver that Gillette ever made?

I've tried more than a few Gillettes, and for me the Tech is the way to go. My '41 SS is up there, but it's not a Tech!

Of the many Gillette's I've tried - Blue Tip, Black Tip, English Flare-Tip, Fat-Boy, Slim Adjustable, Tech, etc..., the NEW is the only Gillette that does it for me.

I have a blue tip, red-tip, Tech, SS and slim adjustable. It's hard for me to get any better than the slim adjustable. But then, I keep hearing great things about the Progress.

I've tried a number of the more common (around here) Gillettes... the '40s SS, the late '50s SS, the Slim, and the Tech. Of these, the only one I still own is the Tech. I have a US one for travel and a British one (I think) for my regular rotation. I might one of these days get around to trying a NEW or something from that era.

I have used the '30s Fat Handle Tech, '40s, '50s Super Speed, '59, and '60 Fatboys..Today it would be either the Tech or the '50s SS..They are great shavers..

I did get a "New" this morning which could change all of the above by tomorrow..

I've got a 50's Tech, a Fatboy, a gold NEW and a late 40's superspeed. All are great in their own way, but the superspeed shaves best.

I have used the '30s Fat Handle Tech, '40s, '50s Super Speed, '59, and '60 Fatboys..Today it would be either the Tech or the '50s SS..They are great shavers..

I did get a "New" this morning which could change all of the above by tomorrow..

Is there an accurate photo of a 30's fat handled tech that could be posted. Much appreciated in advance.

Well, I have a 64 SS a 60 Fatboy and a 1918 WWI Gillette and so far it has been the 1918 that gives me the smoothest shave with the SS coming a close second followed by the Fatboy.

Top Bottom