What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

Toar And Roby – Heavy Duty. This is some Indonesian pomade I got recently. It's pretty good stuff for the price. Great hold, decent shine, and a very good price. It's not in the Murray's class but still very good. 3.5oz. I bought the Toar and Roby Heavy Duty, Executive Slick and Original. My hair looks good with this. I would recommend it.

Ingredients:

Petrolatum
Coconut Oil
Beeswax
Castor Oil
Fragrance

Hold: 5 out of 5

Shine: 2

Scent: 3

Washibility: 1

Value: 3. I paid $12 for it. Great price compared to some overpriced pomades.

British Brylcreem. I went with this classic product today. I added three nice quarter sized globs of it in my hair for the wet look. I can't do this with the U.S version, because it would create an oily mess. The British version reminds me of a lightweight pomade like Royal Crown. If I put in a lot of it, it's a very similar look to when I use a little Royal Crown hair dressing. It also reminds me of Dax Short and Neat pomade. For the gents that want to save a little money on Brylcreem, they might want to consider using Dax Short and Neat, but it has the same look but better, and it's not expensive. With Dax Short and Neat, I can style my hair with it. I can't do that with the U.S Brylcreem, which is why I pretty much just use the British version nowadays. I put in a ton of it today and my hair looks GREAT. Honestly, if I wasn't a pomade user, I would order three our four 250ml tubs of British Brylcreem from Amazon or Ebay and load up my hair with this stuff every day. It's that good. I don't know what happened to the U.S version, because that is an inferior product. I mean, the only reason I use the U.S version from time to time is to give my blond hair a darker tint. Ronald Reagan supposedly used Brylcreem, and it appears to have kept his hair a darker shade.

Brylcreem was created in 1928 in the UK, and the owernership of the company has changed hands since then.

Ingredients:

Water
Mineral oil
beeswax

Scent: 10 out of 10. The British Brylcreem scent is excellent and not overpowering like the U.S version.

Value: 10. I paid $7.99 for a 250ml tub of British Brylcreem. The stuff would last me forever if I didn't use so much of it each time, but I love the wet look.

Shine: 7. The shine isn't quite as good as the U.S version, but it's still very good.

Top Bottom