What's new

What do you guys use here downunder for a shave bowl and where did you get it? Lather Shots included

And all that lanolin goodness just feels so smooth on your skin!!!
I don't really time how long I load my brush, maybe for about 45 deep breaths.. It's supposed to be a therapeutic time, so don't try and rush things :)
Well I have no issue using MWF while face lathering.......:oops: I just can't get the extra Fat, just normal fat if you know what I mean ;)

Well I have no issue using MWF while face lathering.......:oops: I just can't get the extra Fat, just normal fat if you know what I mean ;)

ahh right, in my experience it's much easier to control the lather when you bowl lather, especially with the fat.. I could probably add a bit more water to my mixture but I notice it can quickly turn from the really thick or extra fat :)P) to just the normal fat real quickly.. The slickness is still always there, but I really enjoy the added cushioning that a thicker lather provides.. it feels like the blade is just gliding over the skin :)

ahh right, in my experience it's much easier to control the lather when you bowl lather, especially with the fat.. I could probably add a bit more water to my mixture but I notice it can quickly turn from the really thick or extra fat :)P) to just the normal fat real quickly.. The slickness is still always there, but I really enjoy the added cushioning that a thicker lather provides.. it feels like the blade is just gliding over the skin :)

I'm gunna crack this sheep extra fat when I get back home to Sydney from UK after 2 months, and over the weekend with my lather bowl and see if I could get that extra fat.
proxy.php

Lets get some nice lathe shots up for tomorrow... I feel some Mama Bear’s Bounty tomorrow....
Next round... :tank:

I'm gunna crack this sheep extra fat when I get back home to Sydney from UK after 2 months, and over the weekend with my lather bowl and see if I could get that extra fat.
proxy.php
Wow that is nice.... where did you get that beauty?

Today's salvo...
This is Mama Bear's Bounty it smells really nice.

Dammit miss fired my stupid iPhone didn't save the photo [emoji35]

I must admit while the lather looked great its performance is way below vs the same soap face lathered . When face lathered this soap is about as good as Uncle Jon's Pipe Smoke.

I will try again tomorrow to get the water content correct and get a photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's salvo...
This is Mama Bear's Bounty it smells really nice.

Dammit miss fired my stupid iPhone didn't save the photo [emoji35]

I must admit while the lather looked great its performance is way below vs the same soap face lathered . When face lathered this soap is about as good as Uncle Jon's Pipe Smoke.

I will try again tomorrow to get the water content correct and get a photo.

I've never tried that soap. I used the Stirling bay rum this morning with my new tech razor.. was a great shave. The tallow soaps seem to lather up really well

Now ya talkin. Works driving me to drink at the moment anyway, so that fits in well. :)
I will however substitute the beer for a Scotch......or two.

I prefer beer from the Loaded Hog or Monteith's or Tui.
So long as we are sitting by the roaring fire in the corner swapping shave stories all should be sweet. [emoji106][emoji1604]

Last edited:
So long as we are sitting by the roaring fire in the corner swapping shave stories all should be sweet. [emoji106][emoji1604]

Oh yes, Monteiths is an excellent drop! Monteith's Summer Ale and Coronas with lime are my two favourite summer drinks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped

There has probably been a few changes on the beer front since you crossed the ditch.

While I like Monteith's, it's still a nice drop even after they sold out to DB.
Wellington has a good amount of local microbreweries. Garage Project come to mind first. Beers - Garage Project I had their Cereal Milk Stout the other week, very nice.

A roaring fire and a few brews does sound good. Cheers.

monty-s-bar.jpg

There has probably been a few changes on the beer front since you crossed the ditch.

While I like Monteith's, it's still a nice drop even after they sold out to DB.
Wellington has a good amount of local microbreweries. Garage Project come to mind first. Beers - Garage Project I had their Cereal Milk Stout the other week, very nice.

A roaring fire and a few brews does sound good. Cheers.

View attachment 809093

proxy.php

It's a lovely day for a Guinness too :)

Lets get some nice lathe shots up for tomorrow... I feel some Mama Bear’s Bounty tomorrow....
Next round... :tank:
While I'm not familiar with MWF soap (yet) I'd be keen to show off the clouds of lather I can whip up with a Haslinger. Catch is - I'm all out and not likely to replace it until I've been made a dent in some of my other other goodies. Might have to try one of the Sudsy Soapery products in the next day or two instead...

Round two tomorrow it is then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom