What's new

What do you guys use here downunder for a shave bowl and where did you get it? Lather Shots included

While I'm not familiar with MWF soap (yet) I'd be keen to show off the clouds of lather I can whip up with a Haslinger. Catch is - I'm all out and not likely to replace it until I've been made a dent in some of my other other goodies. Might have to try one of the Sudsy Soapery products in the next day or two instead...

Round two tomorrow it is then.

Game on!! Get ready for round two lads :)

There has probably been a few changes on the beer front since you crossed the ditch.

While I like Monteith's, it's still a nice drop even after they sold out to DB.
Wellington has a good amount of local microbreweries. Garage Project come to mind first. Beers - Garage Project I had their Cereal Milk Stout the other week, very nice.

A roaring fire and a few brews does sound good. Cheers.

View attachment 809093

With all this talk of beer, scotch and open fires we will have to rename this place to The Mahinapua Pub.... [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I'd be going there - originally owned by a Scotsman, so he'd be watering down the whisky or charging too much (or both!). :a54:

Anyway, from this Scotsman, here's today's effort for sh!ts and giggles.

Sudsy Soapery Citrus and Bay, whipped up in the usual Denby stoneware bowl, using a Muhle Kosmo with 21mm silvertip fibre knot...

Gratuitous Lather Pic 03 AUG 2017 3.jpg

I hadn't used this Sudsy Soapery soap (more of a croap) since summer, so had forgotten how much I like the smell of this. I was so taken with it I was compelled to use the matching Bay and Citrus ASB. Luvvly!!!

For today's shave I used Stirling Bay Rum, one of my favourite scented soaps, SOC for brush, and Gillette tech razor..
the combination was perfect and gave me a BBS irritation free shave
IMG_0324.JPG IMG_0335.JPG IMG_0346.JPG

For my effort today it was Mama Bears Bounty again.

proxy.php

I got the water content closer to being right and it performed much better.

Wow that looks awesome. I have to get me some Stirling.

Did you get it locally?

I wish it was sold locally :( I placed an order directly with them. Shipping was expensive so I did a bulk order to justify it hehe. Got a few soaps + the Stirling Kong :)
The soaps are so good I might do another one at some pt.. o_O

Stirling Soaps get a lot of love on the forum. I've not tried any of them yet but I really need to get through some of what I have (not that I have mountains of soaps, honest) otherwise I risk incurring the wrath of SWMBO by buying more! :001_07:

BTW in spite of the fantastic ice-cream cone whipped up by drwevil I think robphilldog is this round's winner with that glorious example of good quality lather.

I do have to say that I had a cracking shave this morning with the Sudsy Soapery. Still, credit where it's due. Well done to robphilldog for that bowl full of goodness.

Tomorrow may well be Sudsy Soapery again for me, but with a straight razor. First time in a while...

Stirling Soaps get a lot of love on the forum. I've not tried any of them yet but I really need to get through some of what I have (not that I have mountains of soaps, honest) otherwise I risk incurring the wrath of SWMBO by buying more! :001_07:

You can't have too many soaps.. That's just not possible, the more the merrier :)

Last word from me this evening. I'm grateful for the friendly competition with the guys over the last few days - it's got me concentrating more on my lather building technique. Anything that improves any aspect of my shaving experience is absolutely welcome! Onya, Great Southern shave buddies.

Agreed. But you can have too much grief from the better half!

Last last word.

Hmm, I haven't needed to consider this xD.. I can offer two solutions that might work:
1. Install a secret locker behind the mirror (or painting) where you can hide your stash ;)
2. Placate her with a gift of her own each time you do an order (flowers, perfume, chocolate, etc)

OK. Absolutely final word.
Hmm, I haven't needed to consider this xD.. I can offer two solutions that might work:
1. Install a secret locker behind the mirror (or painting) where you can hide your stash ;)
2. Placate her with a gift of her own each time you do an order (flowers, perfume, chocolate, etc)

My darling wife and I have been married more years than I care to mention. I've learned hundreds of tricks for justifying my own expenditure, none of which work! I've also learned that buying gifts to cover my own expenditure is way too expensive. Hiding illicit purchases often results in being found out, resulting in compensatory purchases x 10 (even more expensive) or in :a33: . Not an equation we can ever win, I'm afraid. :001_302:

Well I have heaps of shaving soaps in my Den during my current rotation which are:- (There is always room for one more)

Arko Shave Stick (3 sticks grated into a plastic tub)
Barrister and Mann Seville
Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF, 3 pucks grated into a plastic tub)
La Toja
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (european version 3 sticks grated into a plastic tub)
Pre De Provence No. 63

I have 24 different Stirling shaving soaps

Tabac
The Body Shop Maca Root
Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version 3 sticks grated into a plastic tub)

Wholly Kaw - Chypre Rose Concerto SE (tallow) Donkey Milk
Wholly Kaw - Fougère Bouquet SE (tallow) Donkey Milk
Wholly Kaw - Man from Mayfair (tallow) Donkey Milk
Wholly Kaw - Monaco Royale (tallow) Donkey Milk
===========
My package has arrived at home waiting until I return from UK to Sydney until Sept. 23rd which are:-

Barrister and Mann Bay Rum

Route 66 - Barbershop Hop
Route 66 - Bay Lime Twist
Route 66 - Bourbon Jungle
Route 66 - Lavender Woods
Route 66 - Rum Runner
Route 66 - Sweeney Todd
Route 66 - The Black Pearl
Route 66 - Twisted Tweed

Wholly Kaw - Dance of Agrumes SE (tallow) Donkey Milk

Well I have heaps of shaving soaps in my Den during my current rotation which are:- (There is always room for one more)

Arko Shave Stick (3 sticks grated into a plastic tub)
Barrister and Mann Seville
Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF, 3 pucks grated into a plastic tub)
La Toja
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (european version 3 sticks grated into a plastic tub)
Pre De Provence No. 63

I have 24 different Stirling shaving soaps

Tabac
The Body Shop Maca Root
Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version 3 sticks grated into a plastic tub)

Wholly Kaw - Chypre Rose Concerto SE (tallow) Donkey Milk
Wholly Kaw - Fougère Bouquet SE (tallow) Donkey Milk
Wholly Kaw - Man from Mayfair (tallow) Donkey Milk
Wholly Kaw - Monaco Royale (tallow) Donkey Milk
===========
My package has arrived at home waiting until I return from UK to Sydney until Sept. 23rd which are:-

Barrister and Mann Bay Rum

Route 66 - Barbershop Hop
Route 66 - Bay Lime Twist
Route 66 - Bourbon Jungle
Route 66 - Lavender Woods
Route 66 - Rum Runner
Route 66 - Sweeney Todd
Route 66 - The Black Pearl
Route 66 - Twisted Tweed

Wholly Kaw - Dance of Agrumes SE (tallow) Donkey Milk

WOW!!! O_O
That is quite a collection!!