What's new

What do you guys use here downunder for a shave bowl and where did you get it? Lather Shots included

I have take to using my copper shave bowl again and enjoying the process...
proxy.php

I got it off eBay for about $12 shipped I think it was.

Oh post picture is you can.
If it's a Lather Shot all the better. [emoji106][emoji1604]

Last edited:
Well I'm Not Down Under.
But I use my copper bowl too. The same as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
According to the Simpsons episode I remember the water runs down the drain in the opposite direction down under right? Hence the need for a shave bowl?

Lol jk

According to the Simpsons episode I remember the water runs down the drain in the opposite direction down under right? Hence the need for a shave bowl?

Lol jk

Glad you brought that up.

You need to whip your lather up in the opposite direction....

I've been using a vintage Denby stoneware bowl for a few months now. It's actually a lidded sugar bowl from a range that was popular in the 1970s. With the lid it can be used to store large soap pucks if I want to load up the brush and face lather, or without the lid is a great lathering bowl. Size is just right for both purposes - about 11cm x 9cm with lid on, 11cm x 6cm with lid off. Also, being stoneware it retains heat well if left to soak in warm water pre-shave.

Attachments

• Denby Sugar Bowl sm.jpg
    Denby Sugar Bowl sm.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 32
I've been using a vintage Denby stoneware bowl for a few months now. It's actually a lidded sugar bowl from a range that was popular in the 1970s. With the lid it can be used to store large soap pucks if I want to load up the brush and face lather, or without the lid is a great lathering bowl. Size is just right for both purposes - about 11cm x 9cm with lid on, 11cm x 6cm with lid off. Also, being stoneware it retains heat well if left to soak in warm water pre-shave.

That is so cool nice pick up.

Here is a gratuitous lather shot with Windsor Grooming Shave Stick I heated up and smooched into a terracotta dip bowl.
Whipped up in my copper shave bowl.
proxy.php

Wow - great lather. I see many members of B&B use metal bowls, especially stainless or copper. Do the metal bowls perform better than ceramics?

Wow - great lather. I see many members of B&B use metal bowls, especially stainless or copper. Do the metal bowls perform better than ceramics?

I like my stainless lather bowl. It's prime advantage is it won't break if dropped. No other advantage.
Those hammered copper bowls may make lather a bit quicker with the dimples.

It's the dimples..... I think.

Btw gratuitous lather shots more than welcome. Lets show TROTW how it's done in the GSL.

Gratuitous lather pic for today...

RazoRock Don Marco whipped up by Bryon Shaving aluminium brush w/ synthetic fibre
Gratuitous Lather Pic 2 31 JUL 2017.jpg

Next shot fired in the War of The Lather Photos...

This is the Windsor Grooming Shave Stick I did yesterday that I smooched into a terracotta dip bowl.
proxy.php

The end result after being bloomed was very good
proxy.php

Legion

Staff member
I face lather with a shave stick now, but when I used a bowl it was a big mug from a thrift store, and it had my star sign on it. Yeah...

Now I soak my brush in a vintage Old Spice mug, which I bought from an antique store for $5. Does the job.

I have take to using my copper shave bowl again and enjoying the process...
proxy.php

I got it off eBay for about $12 shipped I think it was.

Oh post picture is you can.

Nice lathering bowl!!
I've just been using a hand made (pottered) clay bowl. I found it around at home so Mum must have picked it up somewhere. It says made in Waitomo on the backside.
Then I use a standard mug for soaking the brush in.

Top Bottom