What's new

What do you guys use here downunder for a shave bowl and where did you get it? Lather Shots included

Gratuitous lather pic for 1st day of August...

RazoRock Don Marco whipped up by Muhle Kosmo w/ silvertip fibre

Gratuitous Lather Pic 01 AUG 2017 2.jpg

Ok so we're having a lather war ?
Turkish copper bowl.
Tabac soap.
Whipped up with.
23.5 mm Horse hair brush
Made by and turned By Graydog. Maple wood.
Brush Was a really great PIF.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not so much a war; more of a play fight. It's only shaving after all... :shaving:

Play fight......? Ha!!!

Cop this

proxy.php

Uncle Jon's Pipe Smoke it's an awesome soap it smells like Jersey Caramel to me. Tho I had to much water in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I face lather the majority of the time, but when I use a bowl, this is what I use.

Technically, it is a cup, but it is big enough to use for a bowl/bucket :001_smile

Picked it up at Woolies one day, came with marshmallows and hot chocolate powder.

IMG20170801152842.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
:clap:That may just be the end of the lather war! Ha Ha.

Does it retain heat well, Chris? I guess travelling with it isn't a problem. :001_302:

Team Kiwi was always a shoe in to win the lather war of twenty seventeen. :)

It actually retains heat well if you pre warm it up first.
No matter what soap I use, there is always a pleasant leather and musk scent. I always carry a spare with me as well. Oh and it's made in NZ as well by McKinlays.

The smell of leather and rose in the morning is hard to beat. Cyril R Salters makes a nice cream.
That reminds me I need to try another rose scented cream or soap.

Speaking of smell, here's a pic of the fat I whipped up in my trusty bowl this morning :)
Just love the smell and feel of MWF!! Smells clean and luxurious, just like the lather it produces.
BTW I use the rose petal Thayers, which is nice, haven't tried a rose scented soap yet..

IMG_0295.JPG IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0310.JPG
Is the Cyril Salters the soap you've got in your pic? Looks delicious :p

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Speaking of smell, here's a pic of the fat I whipped up in my trusty bowl this morning :)
Just love the smell and feel of MWF!! Smells clean and luxurious, just like the lather it produces.
BTW I use the rose petal Thayers, which is nice, haven't tried a rose scented soap yet..

View attachment 808874 View attachment 808875 View attachment 808876

Nice lather. :thumbup1:

I had left The Fat unloved for a few year until a few weeks ago. Poor thing had shrunk up and was cracked but man did it still make a great lather. I beat it up with a big bad boar and it put out a great lather.

The lather is Cyril R Salters Wild Rose cream, not a soap. It's not bad stuff, the scent is subtle.

In winter I use a Schwarzweisskeramik scuttle. Love the big tank.
These are the photos he sent me before sending it in the post.

$scuttle _2.jpg

$Scuttle _1.JPG

In summer I use a Steve Woodhead shaving bowl from the UK. The photo is from his site.

$_1.jpg

Nice lather. :thumbup1:

I had left The Fat unloved for a few year until a few weeks ago. Poor thing had shrunk up and was cracked but man did it still make a great lather. I beat it up with a big bad boar and it put out a great lather.

The lather is Cyril R Salters Wild Rose cream, not a soap. It's not bad stuff, the scent is subtle.

In winter I use a Schwarzweisskeramik scuttle. Love the big tank.
These are the photos he sent me before sending it in the post.

View attachment 808879

View attachment 808880

In summer I use a Steve Woodhead shaving bowl from the UK. The photo is from his site.

View attachment 808878

Yea, I've read that lots of people seem to find it hard to lather but I've never had any issues wiht it myself. I always load the crap out of my soaps, then slowly add water till I get a thick creamy lather.. it's worked for all the soaps I've tried so far. but the fat has always been a cut above for me, the slickness level and post-shave feels are just incredible with it.

Golly, those pics are putting ideas in my head now :p that's a great looking scuttle! I bet it must have put you back a bit :)

View attachment 808874 View attachment 808875 View attachment 808876

OMG! OMG! OMG! I love the extra FAT is so creamy, how long do you load the brush before you reach the bowl?? looks like over a minute loading like you hate it.
proxy.php
proxy.php

OMG! OMG! OMG! I love the extra FAT is so creamy, how long do you load the brush before you reach the bowl?? looks like over a minute loading like you hate it.
proxy.php
proxy.php

And all that lanolin goodness just feels so smooth on your skin!!!
I don't really time how long I load my brush, maybe for about 45 deep breaths.. It's supposed to be a therapeutic time, so don't try and rush things :)

Top Bottom