What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

GRUME 25 May 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

1716634543926.jpeg

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rainwater (small
container)
Prep: Cold Shave: Hot
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#57 of 100
Shave #
And out
King C. Gillette
7 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter Lonestar
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

• Comments: My last shave with #57 yielded an acceptable CCS quality shave. The worn-out #57 left lots of stubble for buffing
  • Tomorrow’s save starts with a fresh, corked, blade #58 for the KCG and blade #8 for the VDH buffing razor.

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
CCS​
8.5​
0​
0​
Heavy​

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel Dickinsons f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Musk f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

GRUME 25 May 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

View attachment 1851847

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rainwater (small
container)
Prep: Cold Shave: Hot
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#57 of 100
Shave #
And out
King C. Gillette
7 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter Lonestar
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

• Comments: My last shave with #57 yielded an acceptable CCS quality shave. The worn-out #57 left lots of stubble for buffing
  • Tomorrow’s save starts with a fresh, corked, blade #58 for the KCG and blade #8 for the VDH buffing razor.

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
CCS​
8.5​
0​
0​
Heavy​

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel Dickinsons f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Musk f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick
Good morning, Bobby. Draco looks like he's ready for the day. :thumbsup:

Razor: Blue Ribbon, Germany
Hone: Belgian Coticule
Brush: Paladin 2XL 28mm Strawberry Amber
Cream: Wm. Neumann Old Fashioned Soda
Aftershave: Wm. Neumann Heartwood

Nice lather and scent with Neumann’s OFS. I find I like face lathering this cream with a Badger or Synthetic brush.

The Paladin was exquisite!

The Heartwood (sample) smells great.

A Coticule edge (gentle on the skin but devastating to whiskers) on the Blue Ribbon made for a very easy & comfortable shave.

A shave well done with excellent scents, brush, and razor. 9.25/10.
IMG_3026.jpeg

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Stirling Soap Haverford
Brush: Ever-Ready rebuild
Razor: Vikings Blade Emperor Meiji
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (2)
Post shave: Gillette Gel
Rating: 9/10

So I took some of my second-tier elements, the Emperor razor and a Shark blade (not bad stuff, mind you, but not in my upper tier) and put them together again after a long time off ... and what do you get?
Well, a second tier shave. Not horrible by any means. But a rougher shave, more irritation, just not as pleasant. But certainly passable, not the worst thing in the world.

proxy.php

1000006032.jpg

New Rex Ambassador on 3. Decent results. I won't complain.

New Astra SP Russian blade. This measured considerably less sharp than the two Astra SP India blades I recently measured, which was surprising. After the shave, it was a little sharper. I wonder how it will be after the second shave.

Arko stick. I am really quite a fool for accumulating so many soaps when this is better than 85% of them in every regard. Outstanding.

Edwin Jagger STF brush. This is not one of the synthetics that tries to be badger, it is one that is designed to be better, softer, holding more water, but it could have a bit more backbone. It is excellent bit not perfect for me. I would take faster hard soap loading and give up a tiny bit of softness.

Loveben bowl. Proraso alum. Gillette splash. This is a decent splash, but other cheapies like Pinaud, Brut and AV are better.

7/10. DFS, reasonably comfortable, mild irritation that cleared up overnight.

Day 25 of all injector month.

—40’s EverSharp G model.
— Topco Platinum chrome injector blade (3rd shave).
—Palmolive for three passes.
8. Maybe 8.5. A few weepers I didn’t know until…they wept

I lost a good friend at work to brain cancer yesterday. The world is less full without her.

Saturday Morning Shaving Salutations

Rating: 9.7/10 Very Acceptable

Empire Razor and GEM Blade both have 10 shaves. I increased the exposure a bit on the second
pass and ATG was better. Just loving this little synthetic brush. It has some amazing backbone.

Wilkinson Sword Empire Razor
GEM SS PTFE Blade (10X)
Ginger's Garden Vizier Soap
Frank Shaving Two Face Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On
Strike Gold Nostalgia Aftershave

4E769130-6748-42BA-8E43-C9D014B7F151-compressed.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, May 25th 2024

Razor : Yaqi TFC adjustable 2 pc. Mfg 2021>, lots of different ranges. Well built and seems to give a decent shave most of the time. Even on setting #1 it has some blade feel, but not over the top by any means. The razor is designed after the 1930's Gibbs adjustable but has no blade tab overhang and takes standard Gillette blades.
Blade : Gillette Permasharp stainless(1) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum Sage and Cedarwood, nice Bayrum scent with great lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 26mm Husky knot. Excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. One of my favorite brushes in my Brush harem. Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(1) + ATG(2) + pickups(3 setting).
Post shave :Ogallala Bayrum and Sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi TFC adjustable with a Gillette Permasharp stainless blade.
SOTD May 25 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Saturday, May 25, 2024

Hardware
RazorKarve Overlander (SS)
BladeTreet Platinum (3 / 10) [7]
BrushRudy Vey 2024 B&B (Semogue Mistura)

Software
Pre-
LatherStirling Eucalyptus Mint (Sample) [4]
PostGabel’s Bay Rum

Rating
9 / 10

Notes
This Stirling sample is opening up after a few days (which I’ve found to be a trend with these samples). Great shave! I’ve been working through a bottle of VIBR but wanted more of a straight bay rum this morning, to pair with the Eucalyptus Mint. And, man, Gabel’s is so much better than VIBR. Great face feel, and such a simple, clean bay scent.

Top Bottom