What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

full

Karve Overlander Al w/Project X Handle | Dorco Titan (3rd Use) | Stirling Synthetic Pro-Handle 26mm | Moon Soaps Warmest Regards | Moon Soaps Warmest Regards Splash

I haven't posted a shave to this thread in a while. But today's shave was so nice I had to post it. I give it a TEN @ 99% BBS.

SOTD: 05/25/2024

Razor: Blackland ERA
Blade: AccuForge , 2nd use
Brush: Maggards SHD Fan Badger
Soap: Spearhead Shaving Co Seaforth! Roman Spice Croap
Aftershave: Spearhead Shaving Co Seaforth! Roman Spice Aftershave
Fragrance: Spearhead Shaving Co Seaforth! Roman Spice EdT

So woke up today with my neck a little bit more irritated than I thought it would be after yesterday’s Weck adventure so decided to go mild today. 2 passes on my face 1 WTG on my neck. The Blackland ERA was put to use today as it’s my mildest non adjustable razor besides a Henson that I just don’t like.

The Roman Spice is a winner, I am glad I went back and grabbed the EDT. After yesterday I just wanted super hydration and smoothness and I knew I could get both of those with the RS. The razor just glides across your skin.

10/10

02A466F3-0825-4BAE-B0E2-8DC081397398.jpeg

Blackland Blackbird Ti with a Gilette Nacet (2)
Shannon Soaps "Forehead" shaving soap
Simpson T3 synthetic
Lustray Blue Spice After Shave
Thayers Original Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive Balm

A great shave today. There's something about the ratio of gap and blade exposure that makes the blackbird sing. It was such a joy to shave with it with no weepers, cuts, or irritation. The soap is one of my favorites. It just produces and sadly, it's discontinued. The brush is dependable and although I have more premium brushes, it has it's spot with the rest. The post shave products here will stay in the rotation and are very budget friendly. The days of spending over $20 on after shave is over! The blackbird did great today and it goes up in the scoring to a 9.98/10
20240525_145118.jpg

Well that was fun.

Pre: Stirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap Bar
Razor: Pre-War Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Spice
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger 24mm Fan
Bowl: Timeless
Post-Shave: Cella AS

Excellent shave with the Tech this evening. I stuck with a Perma-Sharp and B&M Spice in order to get a sense of how the Tech compares to the Timeless Ti .95 and Slim with that blade and soap. Both of the Timeless are more efficient, but the Tech was pretty damn close to the Slim for me. 9/10.

Tech FH 5.25.24.jpg

May 25

Razor: Gillette New SC (replated in nickel)
Blade: Derby Premium (black package) (1)
Brush: Omega 11137 ash wood boar
P/S: AoS Lemon shaving cream
Soap: Cella Extra Extra Bio
A/S: Dickinson's witch hazel
A/S: Proraso Green

DFS

Do you ever find yourself using a product mainly because it was mentioned recently in a forum post? This was the case with the Derby Premium blades today.

Capsule summary: this was a serviceable blade, but nothing special, like a Turkish Astra SP. There's little reason to use these when blades such as Perma-Sharp Super, Nacet, BIC Chrome Platinum, etc. are available. I got them for the cost of postage, so will try them in some other razors, why not? I have a hunch they might work well in the German 37 slant since the Astra SP seems to work best in that one.

💎 💎 💎 SOTD - “Unknown Gems" Theme Week - May 20th-26th, 2024 💎 💎 💎

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends

Cold Saturday for our standards. Perfect for roses. MdC Rose and Penhalingon’s Hammam Bouquet inspired me. Greencult 2.0 IV, GSB (3) and Semogue Pegasus Mistura. What a team, friends! I finished with Floïd Mentolado Suave.

In this memorable event, the magnificent Etta Jones in an album for the desert island.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️🪒

11F57BC8-7B96-43A8-A837-F69E55A0EAFD.jpeg

IMG_7155.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: 24K Gold Plated Brass Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Cool
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Textured Wet Shaving Lathering Bowl
Brush: AP Shave Co Disco Handle 25mm Muhle STF XL Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Seaforth's Black Watch AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, weepers, cuts or irritation. A very good shave almost excellent!

Silly me, forgot to post this after my shave this morning. Could be an age thing?

Happy Friday! Overall good shave this morning. First time using this soap. Like the RR XXX I tried a couple of days ago, it lathers almost instantly and has a really nice (albeit light) scent. Plenty of lather for a 3 pass shave. Slickness just isn’t there though. Ended up with a great shave and no knicks or weepers, so nothing to complain about. Any day that starts off with a full wet shave is a good one!

Pre: Shower
Brush: RazoRock synthetic
Razor: Vintage Motor Solingen straight
Soap: RazoRock Mudder
Toner: Thayer‘s - Unscented
Splash: None
Serum: Jack Black Protein Serum
Balm: Zingari Man Aftershave Balm - Unscented
EDT: Versace Eros

3 Passes
No Knicks, Cuts, Irritation

Shave Rating: 8.5

IMG_3473.jpeg

1000006054.jpg

Second shave with the Rex Ambassador, and increased blade setting to 4, improving results.

Astra SP Russia (2) blade felt better, perhaps because it became even sharper during the second shave. I measured a 2.5g decrease in cutting force for 0.15mm monofilament nylon.

Dscosmetic yunxiao A2S 26mm brush is excellent. Super fast lather and super soft. Holds water like a sponge.

Liveben bowl.

Gillette splash.

VDH unscented soap. Really nice, and clear as a solid, glycerin soap. Not as good as Arko for sickness and small bubbles, but still very serviceable.

8/10. Smooth and.comfortable DFS with almost no irritation.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Saturday 20240525
20240519_181756~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (7 shaves, 15 passes)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Tyrion (Maggard 24mm SHD Fan)
Bowl: Schöne
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

Same kit since last Sunday. Outstanding performance and results. Exceptionally consistent!

Superb shave!

Top Bottom