What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

4 days growth
Shane Nation Chubby razor
Astra green SP
Custom boar in elk antler
TOBS Oud
Gentleman Jack Sandalwood post shave

This was an interesting shave. I started shaving and halfway through I realized next to nothing was coming off. I thought the 4th use Nacet was too dull so I put a brand new Astra SP in. Same thing happened. I thought surely my razor was assembled correctly and it wasn’t the base plate was backwards. That’s the first time that happened since I started wet shaving a year and a half ago. Hopefully that never happens again.

After that was sorted I had an easy WTG ATG shave. I love the TOBS Oud, it’s about a 7 on the strength scale. I like the Shave Nation Chubby it does all the work weighing in at 160 grams, I have to even lighten the touch some. The fresh Astra was great as well.

No alum feedback

9/10 DFS

Pre: Stirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap Bar
Razor: Timeless Ti SlimSB w/Crown Handle
Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Brush: AP Shave 26mm Silksmoke
Bowl: Timeless
Post-Shave: Shannon's Barbershop AS

Second shave with the Timeless Ti Slim, and it's amazing. So smooth and efficient; I love this plate. One issue: There was definite burning tonight after the shave with the Stirling Barbershop soap, but none yesterday with the B&M Spice (Omnibus?) under nearly identical conditions. I'm wondering if that means that my skin is not fond of the Stirling. That would be sad as I love the scent, but so it goes. Also, the Shannon's splash is very good and a keeper.

Ti SlimSB 5.22.24.jpg

Was a lavender kind of morning. I hate to see B&M’s Lavender discontinued, but I’ll enjoy it while it lasts! This blade is one of my favorites, but it’s time for the hone. I’ve been dragging my feet, but after this mediocre shave, I think I’ll set it aside for my next rainy day honing session. Hope everyone had a great day!

Pre: Shower
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Wade and Butcher Straight
Soap: Barrister and Mann Lavender
Toner: Thayer‘s - Unscented
Splash: Barrister and Mann Lavender
Serum: Jack Black Protein Serum
Balm: Zingari Man Aftershave Balm - Unscented
EDT: None needed!

3 Passes
No Knicks, Cuts, Irritation

Shave Rating: 6

IMG_3462.jpeg

1000005987.jpg

In a hot bath, after washing and splashing around, with my triple mirror and the over tub desk/table I made for shaving.

The Daft Punk Random Access Memories 10th anniversary remix with Atmos speakers and mastering.

Rex Konsul XL razor on 2, then 4 for a brief moment, then 6. Light pressure and lots of time, but lots of passes and some irritation. Better than prior shaves on level 2 the whole time.

Astra SP India (9) now takes about 20% more force to cut than after the first shave. But the middle of the blade is duller, maybe 40%, according to my measurements.

Fine Italian Citrus soap and splash. Nice smell, great lather, and hot alcohol burn.

Liveben bowl with the Yaqi 26mm Timber Wolf brush. This is knot has about equal backbone to good badger, but is softer and lathers faster. It is a high tier synthetic in terms of comfort and performance, but doesn't and isn't supposed to feel like badger. It is similar to cat whisker but not as soft and stiffer.

Creed Pure White cologne. This is an amazing fragrance that reminds me of young love, freedom, and exploration, because it has notes of melon like Clinique happy for men, and Alaskan fireweed. I am not sure what is there that is like firewood, but I absolutely love it. On top of this, it is fresh and rich. A wonderful Spring and Summer scent for me. One that gets endorphins going.

7/10. DFS, mostly BBS, with mild irritation.

Stirling glacial pre-shave soap
Apshaveco G5C Picasso brush
Stirling glacial cedar shaving soap
Blackland Blackbird ti razor
Suneko blade (1)
Stirling glacial barbershop aftershave
Stirling Varen ASB

WTG then XTG pass and stopped at CCS. The new soap smells great and is very refreshing. The aftershave only has enough for 2 or 3 more shaves.

Date23.05.2024
366 daily shaves
144/366

RazorBladeBrush
Razorine FlatboyGillette Nacet (1/2)Razorock 400 Butterscotch
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (10)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9.75/10 (Mostly Clean)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
9.25/10
(BBS+)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes:

An absolutely smashing shave! Super close and nice comfort.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave today!

SHAVE US

Three Days Whiskers

MUSIC:

US by Peter Gabriel, 1992. Undoubtedly one of the best albums of originals from this vocalist-composer.

PRE-SHAVE:

- Hot Shower

- Proraso Crema Pre Barba Rinfrescante (IT)

BOWL: SV Shaving Grail (IT)

SOAP: Gentlemen's Club Sea Salt Grapefruit (PT)

BRUSH: Semogue SOC C5 Mistura Finest Butterscotch, 24mm (PT)

SR: Goodfellas Smile Syntesi (IT) :

Very low head profile. Agile. 0.62 mm Blade Gap. Blade clamping similar to the Timeless - no chatter whatsoever. Wide Shaving angle. Very smooth yet sympathetically medium-high efficient.
It performs always quite nice, today was no exception. Shaving with it remembers me the Hensons. I mean the faceted head determines the angle, that angle, and none other. In this baby it is of about 45⁰. There's nothing to search. One is in auto-pilot. That bores me a bit, like the Hensons.

BLADE: Shark Super Stainless (Egypt) (3) :

A good performance, but the effectiveness was wearing off, specially on the third Pass. That's what I remember from this blade. A very decent shave, sharp, smooth, but durability it's not its strong point.

POST-SHAVE:

- 444 Alum-Block (PT):

Mild feedback over the first couple of minutes.

- MRed Le Père Lucien Lotion du Barbier Menthe Forte (FR)

- Floïd After-Shave Balm Citrus Spectre (IT)

THE SHAVE:

10/10 Shave. Smooth, non agressive, excellent results with no fuss.

1st Pass: All WTG.

2nd Pass: XTG from East to West on Face. ATG on neck.

3rd Pass : All ATG except on Mustache and Chin Areas where I went XTG from West to East.

Pick-Ups: Some light blade-buffing XTG on Neck.

Attachments

• 20240521_182057-01.jpeg
    20240521_182057-01.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240521_182917-01.jpeg
    20240521_182917-01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
SOTD: 05/23/2024

Razor: Henson Mild Aluminum
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Bowl: StuArt Small Swirl Bowl Bowl
Soap: Stirling Havaford Croap
Aftershave: Stirling HaverFord Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Havaford Balm
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Company HaverFord EdC

1st shave with the Henson mild razor. It’s a nicely built razor and the predetermined angle is nice along with the shirt too cap to get under the nose easier. Not sure on the aggression being a mild may not be enough for me but I’ll go a full tuck before making any true decision. It is very light and may need to swap up handles for something shorter and heavier. Shave was good even did a 3rd pass on the neck to clean it up but it was a 3 day growth which is not traditional for me. HaverFord had to be the initial trial soap with a new razor.

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

GRUME 23 May 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

No picture today

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rainwater (small
container)
Prep: Cold Shave: Hot
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#57 of 100
Shave #
King C. Gillette
7 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter Lonestar
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

Comments: A good shave with a tiring blade; more buffing needed this morning. Lots of errands to run before storm(s) arrive.

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
DFS+​
9.5​
0​
0​
Medium​

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel Dickinsons f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Musk f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick

Morning shave - 5/23/24
Razor: RazoRock Quick-Change TTO
Blade: Ladas Stainless Steel (2/5) (4)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock RR400
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Rating: 9/10, DFS+
I brought back a trouble maker razor this morning, but I actually had quite a nice shave with it. This razors sports quite the feedback, which many times is a sign of a poorly supported blade and maybe that is why this razor has not been the best for me. I did end up with just a little bit of post shave skin sensitivity. Close enough for it's intended purpose though.

Day 23 of all injector month.

—Schick L Model (first pass).
—I cheated at used my EverReady Shovelhead for the second pass (!!).
3rd shave Topco platinum chrome injector (Schick); 9th shave Gem PTFE (EverReady)
Palmolive for first pass, Aveeno for the second

9/10. Easily my best shave of the month. Not the hint of weepers, no irritation, only the faintest ATG stubble. Only way it could be better is if I had the day off!

Brush: MG Design WI Timberwolf 26mm Synthetic
Soap: TOBS Royal Forest
Razor: Parker 26C OC
Blade: Dorco Platinum ST300 (3)
Aftershave: Masters Lilac Vegetol
Rating: 9.7

Interesting thing is this blade is smoother and more efficient in this razor than the Lord L6. The Lord L6 is usually very blade compatible from my usage.

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Stirling Soap Vanilla Sandalwood
Brush: Perfecto badger
Razor: Razorock Game Changer 68-P
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (2)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 10/10

What a fantastic shave. I love this shave soap and the razor and blade are second to none. Perfection!

proxy.php

Top Bottom