What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

My Saturday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Le Grelot Campiono 309 5/8​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Blue Cream, Aloe & Vitamin E​
Brush: Elite Razor Waterfall Bubinga w/ 26mm High Mountain White – Fan​
Soap: Pre de Provence - Bergamot & Thyme w/ Shea Butter​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner w/ Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Pre de Provence - Bergamot & Thyme After Shave Balm w/ Shea Butter​
9.2/10 Almost BBS! No irritation! Several nicks at the end prevented this from being a 10...

proxy.php

- Face Prep: Shower with La Toja Magno soap.
- Pre-shave: Proraso Red.
- Soap: Stirling Spice.
- Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic (Cobalt).
- Brush: WCS Lantern Silvertip.
- Razor: Rockwell 6S/R4.
- Blade: Crystal (1) and out.
- Aftershave: Clinique for Men Post Shave Soother.

Experience: Another day, another new Crystal. Changed up the brush to the WCS Silvertip, got a decent lather and went to it. With an eye towards no shave tomorrow, I did 2 2/3 passes, buffed the chin, carefully went XTG below the jawline and got a good, close shave with only a very slight burn. I even dared to go XTG up the corners of my mouth. All in all a very good shave.

Score: 9.8/10

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Thiers-Issard
MDC Original
Yaqi 24mm Violet Synth
Tony Miller Horween Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
Thayers
Pinaud Clubman
20210306_115202.jpg

unlocked the puzzle of MDC this morn. it gets to stay now. I've contemplated all the possible scents to buy and have come to the conclusion that I like the Lavender/Herbal smell of the original. the 50gr. jar would be ideal for traveling but must get the 200 gr.

luxurious shave.

be well all.

camo
I had no idea there was any secret to be unlocked for MdC. I have, however, discovered that I can make enough lather for three passes and then some by swirling my brush over the top of the puck only twice! Yikes!

- Prep: Hot washcloth
- Brush: Simpson Beaufort 6 Pure
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
- Blade: Asco Super Stainless (1)
- Soap: Citronella Arko
- Aftershave: Tallow & Steel Madagascar
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Nice shave this afternoon. I am not a big fan of the Arko scent but it lathers well.

My Beaufort is still super stinky and even a 2 hour soak in warm water loaded with Arko didn’t destink it. Hopefully a few more shaves will take care of that.

8.5/10

Apologies for the out of focus pic but my eyes are still watering from the Arko. 🤪

2257FAFE-5C7E-4010-8144-90FFA373C1CD.jpeg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Saturday afternoon shave

Razor: Dorko
Brush: Boar
Soap: PdP No. 63

Awesome shave this fine Saturday. Still digging the $5 Wilkinson boar brush, it’s working for me. PdP leaves my post shave skin feeling very nice indeed. Happy Saturday.
2CAF67FC-0830-44CA-BC26-951E3F288212.jpeg

9/10

Saturday evening shave

Proraso Pre Shave White
WSP Formula T Barbershop
Simpsons Chubby 2 Super
PAA Intergalactic Scuttle
Timeless Bronze .38 SB
Treet Platinum (2)
Shave Nation Alum Stick
T.N Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Proraso White After Shave Balm

2nd shave with Timeless Bronze:
I face lathered and used the PAA scuttle to keep the Simpsons brush warm between passes, WTG first pass, XTG second pass for an easy DFS.
This is a heavy razor but it's still is easy to maneuver. The Treet is a mild DE blade, but it gets the job done. Three and out?
proxy.php

Sent from Banjo_Billy using Tapatalk

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Saturday Evening Shave 03/06/2021

Razor: Game Changer .68 SB
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Soap: Arko Stick
Brush: RR Barrel 24mm Silvertip Badger

10/10

Had a wonderful shave this evening, loved face lathering Arko with this Silvertip Badger.

Sun 7th SOTD
Soap CBL Peanut Butter
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade KAI 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Soap lather quality is just ok with enough slickness but not much of a scent. Some light aroma...not sure if it's peanut...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Reasonably smooth for 3passes for a surprisingly good bbs to dfs results against 1 weeper. The challenging atg pass on the chin and lips area was crisp and smooth. Rating 9.7/10
20210307_102233.jpg

CA9EC4CB-31D6-46CF-A00E-A6B06DB0E744.jpeg

Rating - 10/10
Razor - Timeless .95 Titanium OC / Scalloped Top Cap
Blade - Kai Stainless Steel (3)
Brush - Yaqi “Butterscotch” with 26mm Silk Smoke (Fan / Flat Top Hybrid)
Bowl - Timeless Lather Bowl
Lather - Barrister and Mann Ravish
Aftershave - Barrister and Mann Ravish Aftershave Splash
- Proraso Sensitive (White) Aftershave Balm
Fragrance - Barrister and Mann Ravish Eau de Toilette

3 Passes (WTG, XTG & ATG)
+ BBS
+ No cuts, irritation, redness or bumps / ingrowns
+ Almost no feedback with alum, minor
- Some tugging on ATG again on goatee, chin and lip. Not as bad this time as I made sure to go both directions on the XTG pass (good thing I had slick lather)
- One minor weeper on lip, went away with the alum

It was date night tonight, so I pulled out the “wifenip”. One whiff is all it takes

Muhle r41
BIC chrome platinum (4)
AOS sandalwood pre shave
AOS Oud shaving cream
Acne face wash then blackhead scrub
Cold rinse, alum block
Cold rinse, AOS sandalwood aftershave

overall 9/10
Starting to feel like the BIC blade is losing its edge a bit, I’ll give it a few more shaves because I’ve heard this blade retains its sharpness for a long time, after the initial drop off at least. Feels pretty smooth right now but it’s crossing a fine line for my personal taste. Will be able to tell with due time if this is a blade to get more of for me or not

Sunday morning.

Vintage Soviet "Stolichnaya" 4/8 round point straight razor
Yaqi Tuxedo "Black Marble" synthetic brush
Wickhams "Russian Leather" soap
Vintage (1980s) Cussons Imperial Leather "Classic" aftershave

I'm always surprised how much difference 1/8 of an inch makes (stop giggling at the back, there). This one feels a lot narrower than any of the 5/8s I have. Gives the shave a different character even when I'm doing the same passes and strokes. Worth having at least one 4/8 just for that.

The razor inspired the soap, and the soap inspired the aftershave (Wickams' Russian Leather is quite a close clone of Imperial Leather in terms of smell). The brush was the next synth in line, but I've been looking forward to using it since it came up on another thread yesterday.

Smooth, close and comfortable. I'll round up to a "10".

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Saturday's shave = 03/05/21

Rating: 9/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream (brushless - applied by hand)
Soap: Old Spice Cream
Brush: Yaqi Red Marbleized Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Fatip Open Comb Slant
Blade: Personna Med Prep (4)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Black Ice Black Licorice-scented Witch Hazel with menthol - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Stirling Spice

A good all around shave. The FOCS is capable of giving a very close shave. Although I use it infrequently, lately I've been getting a few weepers on my lower neck when using it. It may be my technique with it...not sure yet. It could be that the blade had been sitting in it too long. I don;t take the blades out of my razors when I'm done shaving with them. I only use a blade 4-5 times before it gets replaced. But the end result is always very good. Shaves well beyond its price point.

No pictures on the weekend for a while. Too pressed for time.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Top Bottom