What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Sat shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife
Brush
Uomo da Vinci 293 Silvertip
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
GSB
Aftershave
Thayers Rose Petal WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10.

06 March 2021
20210306_063548.jpg

Prep:
Pear Soap facewash using Omega 11126 brush
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream with regular tap water
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Treet Platinum Shave#2
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
Rating:
10.0 BBS A great shave with no stubble, nicks, or weepers. Will try for a better picture tomorrow.

Cool bright damp Saturday morning, and a 48-hour beard

Merkur Progress/new Personna Lab Blue blade

Proraso Green cream

AP Shave Co. synthetic brush

Clubman SR Aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman Powder

No workout today, but a good hot shower; a bit of La Toja stick soap as a kind of pre-shave; then I loaded the brush with the Green cream and lathered up. The Merkur sits fully tightened at 2, so I opened it up to 4.5 for the first, WTG pass on throat and cheeks; down to 4 for the lower lip, then the ATG on cheeks and throat; last down to 3 for the lower lip again, then XTG plus cleanup on the throat. The Merkur/Personna LB combo seems to plane me off more closely than even my slants in that spot under my chin which always seems a bit stubbly. Perhaps the Progress can become my Saturday shaver. As close to BBS as I care to come, no irritation or nicks; so this is a winner.

Verdict: 9.8.

1615038258887.jpeg

Brush: Chisel & Hound / 26mm Oumo Handmaster
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Desairology
Razor: Razorock Game Changer .68 OC
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

10/10: I’m not sure I’ve ever gotten anything other than a really pleasing lather from Southern Witchcrafts. It’s really fun and easy to use. GSB in this razor is a definite winner for me, giving the whole package the efficiency that it needs.

D3EF81C7-DA71-4FA0-8BDD-7ED1216EB24A.jpeg

Razor: Gillette slim
Blade: Astra SS
Soap: Pre de Provence
Brush: Omega boar in homemade handle
AS: Nivea balm, Chiseled Face Summer Storm

Mixed bag today. Now that it’s been a couple weeks, I think I have my technique with the slim dialed in to get an easy, very close shave.

Somewhat frustrating is the PdP really dried my face out. I sort of noticed that before and didn’t think much of it, but today it was uncomfortable. It has been very cold and dry the past few days, and that may have contributed. Aside from MWF, if anyone has suggestions for soaps that are more nourishing / hydrating, I’d love to hear it.

Got a sample of the Summer Storm as a possibility for a summer aftershave, and I kinda like it. Ozone, oily asphalt, and petrichor. It keeps confusing my nose, so that’s neat.

So 9/10 for shave quality, 6/10 for overall experience.

Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade :Israeli Personna (3)
Brush: Dr. Shaving Extra Density 28mm Silvertip
Bowl: Fine lather bowl

Soap :Maggard Platinum Tobacco & Leather

Moon Soaps Tobacco Flower Post Shave Balm,
Alt Innsbruck EDC

A smooth and comfortable three passes.
Went with a great Tobacco and Tobacco Flower theme today.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
March shave redux:

hot water preshave
MdC Fougere made with two turns of a Kent BK4 atop the immense puck
Three passes with a Crystal (4) in an Above the Tie Windsor SSR1
a hot shower
4711 cologne as aftershave

This razor is amazingly smooth but also takes the whiskers to BBS with great ease. 10/10

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, PAA Unscented Cube
Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (3)
Soap: Arianna & Evans Asian Plum
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G-20 Scuttle
Brush: Semogue Cherry Handle SOC Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. One tiny weeper cured with swipe of Alum Stick, No cuts or irritation. Nice mindless shave

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD Sat, March6th 2021

Razor: Gillette slim adjustable-MFG 1962,H1, great adjustable razor, easy to use and was a favorite for many folks for decades.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP(1) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity. My standard for testing other blades and razors.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco - nice Citrus scent, with excellent lather qualities, nice scent to have near the end of winter months.
Brush: Yaqi Lucky dice 26 mm- Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.(nice brush for big hands)
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso Green with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Gillette slim + a Gillette Astra blade.

DE SOTD, Mar 6th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Thiers-Issard
MDC Original
Yaqi 24mm Violet Synth
Tony Miller Horween Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
Thayers
Pinaud Clubman
20210306_115202.jpg

unlocked the puzzle of MDC this morn. it gets to stay now. I've contemplated all the possible scents to buy and have come to the conclusion that I like the Lavender/Herbal smell of the original. the 50gr. jar would be ideal for traveling but must get the 200 gr.

luxurious shave.

be well all.

camo

20210305_075332.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1949 Milord
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Razor: Muhle R41 Grande, 2013+ model
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Vulfix medium size Super Badger
Soap: Cella, in the red tub
Rating: 10

Perfect shave this afternoon on 3+ days of growth. Easy BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. No nicks, burning, or irritation. I did notice that there was no stubble remaining for the ATG pass. Very efficient razor in dealing with a few days of stubble.

View attachment 1232798

Razor: Gillette slim
Blade: Astra SS
Soap: Pre de Provence
Brush: Omega boar in homemade handle
AS: Nivea balm, Chiseled Face Summer Storm

Mixed bag today. Now that it’s been a couple weeks, I think I have my technique with the slim dialed in to get an easy, very close shave.

Somewhat frustrating is the PdP really dried my face out. I sort of noticed that before and didn’t think much of it, but today it was uncomfortable. It has been very cold and dry the past few days, and that may have contributed. Aside from MWF, if anyone has suggestions for soaps that are more nourishing / hydrating, I’d love to hear it.

Got a sample of the Summer Storm as a possibility for a summer aftershave, and I kinda like it. Ozone, oily asphalt, and petrichor. It keeps confusing my nose, so that’s neat.

So 9/10 for shave quality, 6/10 for overall experience.
I've been using Cella in the red tub lately, and I've had no problems in the PA cold. Hope this helps.

Pre: Proraso white
Brush: AP Shave co synth
Lather: Van der Hagen
Razor: GC .68P SB
Blade: Feather
Rating: 9.2

First go around with a Feather blade. Very nice, very smooth. Still needed some buffing but a great result. Move over Personna, I think I have a new favourite. I’m looking forward to trying the 84 SB baseplate cause I need more efficiency.
4F2FF48F-BB4D-4BAA-95DD-04B27B49481A.jpeg

FFE9A5D4-44E8-48FD-B8F2-2E7B58140219.gif

Last edited:
Sunny 84F forecasted high today

We spent almost all morning changing the light bulbs in this house over to LEDs.

Saturday late morning shave, full three-pass, 9+/10, DFS, shave is clean, smooth, irritation and nick free:

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: Feather SS clone- not a Feather in quality, but shaves fine
Blade: Kai Protouch MG- (5)- shaved fine; I've gotten about 7-8 great shaves with these guarded blades
Brush: Vulfix 375 silvertip
Soap: ARKO stick
Post-shave: cold rinse, alum, cold rinse, Master's Bay Rum AS (in a new bottle)

Hope you're having more fun than changing light bulbs!

PXL_20210306_200124915.jpg

Top Bottom