What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Day Five (FFFMM)

Have been scared of todays shave since Day one because every friday I shave my goatee and usually switch to a more efficient razor to do it but with this event I can't. Finally went very well, +1 for the plastic handle razor. Even if it's a mild/med razor, because the blade is held rigidly, it shaved like there was no 7 days goatee. Very impressive. If you have a dozen of quarters in your pocket you can get this thing haha.

Great shave. 10

Have a nice weekend.
IMG_20210305_131632.jpg

Brush: Elite Honduran Rosewood Burl 26mm Manchurian White
Soap: Ethos Mélange d’agrumes
Razor: Haircut & Shave N075 Stainless
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
Aftershave: Ethos Mélange d’agrumes

Just about another perfect shave. Actually, I can't fault it one bit. The N075 shines through brightly, as it effortlessly does. As did everything else. Nice, smooth way to begin the day. And Frank Lipani's soaps and splashes are the top draw, while this brush gets better with every use. Have to be a 10/10

2021-03-05 SOTD N075 Ethos Agrume half wood Elite Bic.jpeg

Hi, my last 3 shaves were a lot of fun because I was able to use the Feather Proguard. Such silky smooth efficient shaves...
I like to ask you about the Feather Pro blades...in comparison to the Proguard, if you used it before?
What's your max shaves per blade for the Feather Pro?

Thanks!
I've tried, and have most of the AC blades out there. The Feather Pro up to two weeks, but I mostly change the blade weekly. I finished today's shave, #6 on a Feather Pro blade and noticed it needed a bit more pressure today- yet the shave was still perfectly close. It also seems to depend upon which AC holder(s) I'm using. The blades last a bit longer in the Feather DX holder for me than in the Feather SS, Kai/Kasho Woody, or Captain. I think that's because the Feather DX works for me at a lower angle with its slightly greater blade exposure. The Schick Proline blades last a shave or two longer than the Feather blades for me and also seem a tad smoother. If you haven't had a chance to try them, PM me your address and I'll be happy to mail you a few.

Soap/lather: 345 soap co fleet street pie shop 10/10. Great lather and scent that I love

Aftershave: 345 soap co flannel shirt 10/10. Great scent and face feel.

Razor: Rex ambassador @Settings 6,6,1 10/10. Great razor that was smooth and gave bbs easily

Blade: Supermax blue diamond (3rd) 10/10
Very smooth even on 3rd and final blade

Brush: rubberset 400 no. 4 knotted with 26mm 2 band badger 10/10

Overall 10/10 fantastic shave
proxy.php
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

Sunny 81F forecasted high today.

Friday Clubman shave, full three-pass, 9+/10, DFS, a cold water rinse before the last pass seems to be working, shave was clean, smooth, nick free:

Pre-shave: face wash
Razor: Kai Kasho Woody- not quite as efficient as the Feather DX, but seems easier to shave easily
Blade: Feather Pro (6)- still okay, but definitely dulling
Brush: Zenith Euro- still a stubborn little brush, hairs just do not want to split, but good for today's hard puck
Soap: PdP No. 63
Post-shave: cold rinse, alum, cold rinse, Pinaud Clubman AS, Nivea Face Lotion/SPF 15

Hope your weekend is great!

PXL_20210305_183117874.jpg

- Prep: Shower
- Brush: Kent BK8
- Razor: Char-Man
- Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
- Soap: Viking Revolution Bay Rum
- Aftershave: FCS Ace of Spades
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

My son bought me a CharMan shaving kit from Amazon for by birthday yesterday and a 4 pack of Viking Revolution soaps. Bless his well meaning heart. 👍 The razor is very cheaply made, but shaves pretty well. It will be a good travel razor. It came with a nice razor/brush stand, a great SS bowl and an awfully made badger brush. Still a great gift.

First time trying Bay Rum as I am not a fan of clove. This Vikings soap is nice. Lathers ok. Not bad, but not top tier. Still better than socks! 🤪

The Kent BK8 is a great brush. Big and “poofy”. Better backbone than I would have expected. Wish I bought 2 as they were on sale for about $100US on Amazon ($200-300 everywhere else currently). Sold out early this week and Kent is now out of the badger brush business moving forward.

9/10

F35F5233-E799-4248-8232-72534829FB6A.jpeg

My Friday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
2-1/2 pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Rockwell 6S #5​
Blade: KAI (2)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Blue Cream, Aloe & Vitamin E​
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/h Aloe Vera​
Aftershave Balm: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free. Menthyl, chamomile, shea butter, vitamin E​
9.4/10 BBS! DFS! No irritation but a couple of nicks...

Soap: Cella
Razor: Muhle R89
Brush: Omega 10077
Blade: 7 O'clock SS
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Shaves have been pretty beast with this travel setup so far. Ready to get back home though and hit up the straight razor again. I keep browsing listings for soaps/brushes/razors. Eek.

10/10

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210305_150502~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with Joris Palladium and Yew Wood Handle
Blade: Bolzano (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (IBO) (Shavemac 24mm 2-band Silvertip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: TFS Rasozero - Barbacco
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Havana by Aramis

Outstanding shave and excellent results! :cool:

Proraso Pre Shave White
WSP Formula T Barbershop Soap
Simmons Chubby 2 Super Brush
PAA Intergalactic Scuttle
Timeless Bronze .38 SB
Treet Platinum (1)
Shave Nation Alum Stick
T.N Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Proraso White After Shave Balm

My first 10/10 - Smooth and aggressive. The Timeless Bronze Solid Bar made mincemeat out of my 48 hour gray stubble. I face lathered and used the PAA scuttle to keep the Simmons Chubby 2 warm between passes, I did the "Gillette slide" for the first pass, and then went XTG for the second pass for a DFS near BBS. Overall my best shave yet! Can't wait to get more shaves under my belt with this Timeless.
Is it too late to join FFFMM?
proxy.php

Sent from Banjo_Billy using Tapatalk

I think after having the MWF fiasco my face is now sensitive to Tallow based soaps. I was using non tallow based soaps after the MWF fiasco and my face was getting better, then yesterday I used Tabac, and even though my face was not burning it was red even the next morning.

By the time I shaved this evening my face was not red any more but my skin was a little rough.
Tonight I used MDC Fougere, no redness still a little roughness in the skin but better, it will take another day for it to get back to normal. So for me no more MWF ever, and I will try Tabac again in a few weeks.

Soap: MDC Fougere
Blade: Personna Crystal (3) which is the last day
Brush: Graydog Cocobolo & Bocote Handle with Synthetic knot
Razor: Timeless Ti SB .95
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman mix of Reserve & Vanilla

No irritation no redness very smooth, the brush worked great created and released lathered

9/10
0FF96722-9FE1-49E1-9E2A-CC31EAC73BEC.jpeg

I've tried, and have most of the AC blades out there. The Feather Pro up to two weeks, but I mostly change the blade weekly. I finished today's shave, #6 on a Feather Pro blade and noticed it needed a bit more pressure today- yet the shave was still perfectly close. It also seems to depend upon which AC holder(s) I'm using. The blades last a bit longer in the Feather DX holder for me than in the Feather SS, Kai/Kasho Woody, or Captain. I think that's because the Feather DX works for me at a lower angle with its slightly greater blade exposure. The Schick Proline blades last a shave or two longer than the Feather blades for me and also seem a tad smoother. If you haven't had a chance to try them, PM me your address and I'll be happy to mail you a few.
Hey, many thanks for your reply. You sure help me some in choosing the AC blades. I have heard of the Schick P-20 or P-30 blades and how much better as compare to Feather in this forum.
Thanks for your kind and very generous offer and I will PM you.
Warmest regards,

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Parker SRB Shavette
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Indian Half Blade (D2)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap : Godrej Shaving Round
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Lotion
Rating : 9.85/10

Very comfortable and nice BBS in 2.5 passes !

Sat 6th SOTD
Cream/Soap Cella Milano (hardened into a soap-like texture)
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather ProGuard 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Cella Milano AS
Outstanding lather quality! Very rich and creamily slick, the scent is just too light. Wayyyy...too much from just a little...
I am just enjoying the best shaves ever with this AC razor and blade setup. Unbelievably effortless silky smooth, comfortable and efficient for 3passes resulting in another continuous bbs session. Rating 10/10!!
Found myself reluctant to return to DE but AC blades are just too expensive...hahaha 😅😅
20210305_224602.jpg

20210306_104833.jpg

Gillette old type
BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
AOS Sandalwood pre shave
AOS Oud shaving cream
Acne face wash then blackhead scrub
Cold rinse, alum block
Cold rinse, Proraso green aftershave

overall 10/10 perfect BBS shave
Felt so good to shave after spending a few days as a simulated POW with the military. **** was crazy as in it felt completely real. To give just slight context to it, you have to sign a waiver so they can role play it correctly. Amazing training that you never want to do again and hope to never have to use.

Saturday morning.

Ralf Aust 5/8 square point straight razor
Shavemac 89 "Gold rush" handle 26x58mm pure badger brush
Cella (red)
Current production "Denim" aftershave

German theme on the hardware, Italian on the software. Only good things to say about the Aust, and the Shavemac always does well. Looks like I'm following a trend with Cella today.

"Denim" usually has me thinking of classic American blue jeans or the black fabric beloved by the Eighties south London alternative / early goth scene. Or of France if I translate the word literally. And don't get me started on stonewash. I have to check the bottle, as the name doesn't sound stylish enough to be Italian. I remember the TV advert "for the man who doesn't have to try too hard", so I suppose it has an appeal when I'm feeling lazy.

Bit of a nudge from the point of the razor on the cheekbone as I was going under the nose, but no pink lather or anything noticeable after the shave. I'm going to drop it to an "8", but only because Ralf deserves better.

Proraso Pre Shave White
WSP Formula T Barbershop Soap
Simpsons Chubby 2 Super Brush
PAA Intergalactic Scuttle
Timeless Bronze .38 SB
Treet Platinum (1)
Shave Nation Alum Stick
T.N Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Proraso White After Shave Balm

My first 10/10 - Smooth and aggressive. The Timeless Bronze Solid Bar made mincemeat out of my 48 hour gray stubble. I face lathered and used the PAA scuttle to keep the Simpsons Chubby 2 warm between passes, I did the "Gillette slide" for the first pass, and then went XTG for the second pass for a DFS near BBS. Overall my best shave yet! Can't wait to get more shaves under my belt with this Timeless.
Is it too late to join FFFMM?
proxy.php

Sorry I meant "Simpsons" Chubby 2 Brush, wonderful brush, I think I'm loosing it, Lol

Top Bottom