What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

07 March 2021
20210307_060550.jpg

Prep:
Pear Soap facewash using Omega 11126 brush
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream with regular tap water
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Treet Platinum Shave#3 slight hint of dullness
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
Rating:
9.9 DFS+ A stubble free shave, with no nicks, but 2 very tiny weepers. ‘Veg’ day with only errands and filing our tax return to do today.

Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Brush: Vulfix VS/2 Boar,22mm

Soap: ARKO stick

Lubriderm men's 3-in-1 Lotion
Proraso green aftershave splash

Two passes. A mild and comfortable shave.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Sun 7th SOTD
Soap CBL Peanut Butter
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade KAI 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Soap lather quality is just ok with enough slickness but not much of a scent. Some light aroma...not sure if it's peanut...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Reasonably smooth for 3passes for a surprisingly good bbs to dfs results against 1 weeper. The challenging atg pass on the chin and lips area was crisp and smooth. Rating 9.7/10
View attachment 1233161
Skippy really blends in the photo well [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

1615124854919.jpeg

Brush: Wild West Brushworks / 26mm Sweetspot Badger
Soap: Grooming Dept - Aether
Razor: Razorock Game Changer .68 OC
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

10/10: Phenomenal first encounter with Aether. The best Grooming Dept scents actually unfold more post-shave in a sort of meditative settling, followed by occasional reminders throughout the day. This is most effective when you have a shave this comfortable.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Mar 7th 2021

Razor: Schick injector E2 Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's-40's, excellent mid range, always receive nice close shaves with this injector.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (9)- Excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco, I enjoy Citrus scents and this one is a winner, nice citrus scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26 mm :001_wub:, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Personna coated blade.

Sunday Schick shave Mar 7th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

I was really looking forward to this shave it's Sunday after all and I have nowhere to be. I thought since the last time I used Tabac that the Paa cube was unnecessary so switched it for a proto lather preserve. The first head lather was great and hydrated but all other relathers not so much. Finished the 3 passes on the head and moved on to the face. Used the cube on my face because I wasn't confident I would slice and dice my neck and the shave felt terrible but yielded a BBS result both head and face with zero irritation
20210307_094709.jpg

Results
Enjoyability 3/10
Closeness of shave. 9/10
Lesson learned from this shave is that I will be using this soap for the remainder of the week to dial i. The blade razor and brush combo that works best for me. Second lesson is that I really love this hobby.

Razor: Schick - Easy Rider L6
Blade: Schick Injector (2)
Brush: FS - 28mm G4 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap - Unscented
Aftershave: Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Skin EX (Toner)
Additional Care:
Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Lotion EX
B7249534-9C78-470B-8B16-49E8BA4DAE00.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Face Food Diet
Two shaves in a row for the Easy Rider. For whatever reasons, I’ve been ignoring my Schick razors somewhat, so the L6 being new model to me, I thought it only fair to take it out for another spin.
You may have been noticing my more Spartan selection of shave products lately. With the CoVid lockdown I‘ve been bypassing scents and standard shave/aftershave products to put my face on a diet. My skin was feeling overloaded from all the products being applied to my face. Yes, even all those super healthy natural oils and butters the artisans are including in our soaps, preshaves and aftershaves. Sometimes too much of a good thing is not such a good thing. I find a lot of product has been leaving my face shiny and oily, so I put my face on a diet.

As of late Ive been mostly using a simple unscented soap with only six ingredients and found a good pharmaceutical scrub and facial toner/lotion that works for me. Add a nice shaving razor to the mix and you end up with a superb post shave face.

“salutant te qui ad radi”

Sunday, Buzzer Sunday...

- Face prep: Clinique for Men Face Soap.
- Razor: Norelco Speed XL.
- Aftershave: American Crew Revitalizing Toner.

Over all the years I used cartridge razors, I shaved with the Norelco on Saturday and Sunday. Now the buzzer is relegated to one day a week, and the closer shave I get on Saturday means that the cuttings dumped into the sink on Sunday are scant. Today I made extra effort, just to see if I could get a reasonably close shave, and to test for irritation, used the aftershave (I normally don't). Result: still plenty of stubble, and the aftershave stung in a couple of places. So, I got a shave that was neither comfortable nor close. Good enough for rest day, though, so I'm going to skip the rating.

IMG_0229.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, PAA Unscented Cube
Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Soap: Arianna & Evans Peach & Cognac
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G-20 Scuttle
Brush: Semogue Cherry Handle SOC Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Nice mindless shave

20200613_092112.jpg

Razor: Schick D Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten. This is my favorite Schick, although I have an E1 that is a close second.

Top Bottom