What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Rating 10/10 3 passes plus touch ups. BBS
Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Personna Red
Brush Omega synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap Wickham Soap Co. Ninfeo di Egeria
Balm Wickham Soap Co. Ninfeo di Egeria

Very comfortable shave in my hotel room this morning. Glad I put together my travel kit. All the comforts of home even when I am not there.

View attachment 1210496View attachment 1210495
How do you like the Captain's Choice Brush Roll? I have used mine just once on a trip and it sure worked great.

889777 (2).jpg

Razor/blade: GEM 1912/Gem SS PTFE
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Stirling British Leather
A/S: Stirling Lavender Sage

Have been shaving in the evening, but got in late last night so shaved this morning.
Also my Timeless Ti Handle arrived yesterday and my Ethos Greenfresh, so I wanted to shave this morning and not wait until tonight.

Hot towel
Zenith 505AK Manchurian Brush
Ethos Greenfresh Soap
Feather Blade
Timeless SS Scalloped .95 with the Timeless Ti Polished Handle
Pinaud Clubman aftershave

Great shave very little effort, liked the shorter handle, the Ethos was remarkable, smelled great, was slick during shaving and skin was smooth and soft after, definitely is in my 8 soap rotation.

Thanks to David a.k.a. dmshaver for recommending it and hooking me up with his supplier in New York.

10/10
49B721FB-7DE1-4F02-B0D3-4A89172BEB65.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Wed, Jan 20th 2021 - still testing how it is for a daily driver on the 2nd generation Razorock lupo .72. Day 5 of at least 7.

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo .72- MFG 2021, excellent razor, well built, good design and nice under the nose area.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (5) Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth, great longevity, my blade standard for comparing DE blades & razors.
Soap: Razorock "The dead Sea"- nice interesting scent with excellent lather qualities. Good post shave also.
Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf whiskers 24mm knot, Excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips, good backbone for a scrub + good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave:001_wub: + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR Lupo .72 + Gillette Astra SP blade.

SOTD, Wed, Jan 20th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
Pre Shave: Warm shower, Glycerin Soap Face Wash, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (2)
Brush: West Coast Shaving Beacon Silvertip
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Stirling Sharp Dressed Man EDT
Rating: 8.75/10 Rough three pass BBS shave. Two weepers cured with Stypic Pencil, some irritation and no cuts. Disappointing Shave! I am almost without words as I have been getting fantastic shaves with any of the OneBlade razors. Is my 2nd shave with the same blade I used in the Hybrid yesterday and it wasn't bad at all. My lather was not quite as thick as I like, but was not runny at all.

Pre-shave: Proraso Red
Soap: Arko
Razor: Modified GD straight / Rolls razor
Brush: Omega 10077
Aftershave: Stirling Duke

A few days with the Rolls finally gave me the guts to try my straight. Used it for most of the first pass, and actually felt pretty good, granted my leg trembled a little not gonna lie haha. No blood loss, but I can see myself getting too comfortable too soon. Finished off the shave with the rolls, and getting better at it. The blade felt better than it did yesterday, so hopefully that's an improvement in technique. Some irritation on my problem area of my neck but I think it's just because my face needs a break. Might just avoid the area tomorrow all together.

All in all though, pretty satisfied with only finishing the blade with an 8k stone. Looking forward to not screwing it up with the 12k stone I have coming in the mail.

8/10

Razor: Rockwell 6S (black)
Blade: Personna Crystal (3)
Brush: Boti Knight
Pre-Shave: Face Wash & Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Jermyn Street (sensitive skin)
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
D3B1A2EE-CA9B-4BCD-AF40-05AC49040E96.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Black and White Recuperation
No, I’m not referring to the colour of my shaving gear. My black and white shaves are what I refer to as my back to basics healing shaves.
You can only play Dora the Explorer for so long, experimenting with shavettes, straight razors, antique and archaic period pieces and blades without accumulating niggling nicks, cut and slices. Some of these can hang around for a long time from continued abrasion. Once in a while I need to go “back to black” and white, or missionary style shaves, to allow everything to completely heal and disappear. Two or three of these shaves and I’ll be back at it. I still have to master a straight razor.

Todays shave was like a visit to the spa. I’ve never had a bad shave with my Rockwell 6C, and today was no different. Crystal blade seems to be a winning choice to complete the combo.
TOBS Jermyn Street has emerged from my cream/soap collection as a complete winner. No, I don’t have sensitive skin per say, but as a whole this shave cream covers all the bases. Probably my favorite TOBS. This new Boti brush is the softest brush I’ve ever used. This brush and a bowl full of Jermyn Street is lathering bliss.
My post shave face feels comfortable and relaxed. I think I’ll treat my face to a couple more of these shaves before I move on to new and unexplored shaving territory.

Keep your eye on your nose.

Razor: Rockwell 6S (black)
Blade: Personna Crystal (3)
Brush: Boti Knight
Pre-Shave: Face Wash & Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Jermyn Street (sensitive skin)
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
View attachment 1210939
Shave Rating: 10/10
Black and White Recuperation
No, I’m not referring to the colour of my shaving gear. My black and white shaves are what I refer to as my back to basics healing shaves.
You can only play Dora the Explorer for so long, experimenting with shavettes, straight razors, antique and archaic period pieces and blades without accumulating niggling nicks, cut and slices. Some of these can hang around for a long time from continued abrasion. Once in a while I need to go “back to black” and white, or missionary style shaves, to allow everything to completely heal and disappear. Two or three of these shaves and I’ll be back at it. I still have to master a straight razor.

Todays shave was like a visit to the spa. I’ve never had a bad shave with my Rockwell 6C, and today was no different. Crystal blade seems to be a winning choice to complete the combo.
TOBS Jermyn Street has emerged from my cream/soap collection as a complete winner. No, I don’t have sensitive skin per say, but as a whole this shave cream covers all the bases. Probably my favorite TOBS. This new Boti brush is the softest brush I’ve ever used. This brush and a bowl full of Jermyn Street is lathering bliss.
My post shave face feels comfortable and relaxed. I think I’ll treat my face to a couple more of these shaves before I move on to new and unexplored shaving territory.

Keep your eye on your nose.

The 6S with the R4 plate is THE definition of smooooth...

Although, I've lately been in the zone with my R41 so there has been no need to break out the 6S :biggrin:

20210119_080332.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze OC .78
Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Razor: Blackbird sb
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Cyril R Salter
Rating: 10

Stellar shave again with the Blackbird, no irritation, nicks or weepers and totally BBS.
The soap is good value for money, not the absolute best but a solid performer.

Prep: Hot shower and towel
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SS (4)
Brush: Muhle STF 21mm
Soap: D R Harris Windsor
Aftershave: D R Harris Windsor splash
Rating : 9.5/10

Last day on the ship today before I head to shore duty! Celebrated with a nice shave at home this morning. Excellent results, however I much prefer to use my badger brushes at home. Forgot to soak one while in the shower though so the synthetic took lathering duties today. 0 nicks, cuts, tugging, etc. .5 taken off because the synthetic is unexciting.

Congrats on the shore duty posting!! No more water supply issues, no more fuel in the water, and no need to watch out for jellyfish!

Top Bottom