What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue, Jan 19th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd gen Lupo .72- MFG 2021, Excellent razor, mid range, well built and has become one of favorites, carefree for my technique and medium beard type.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP(4) excellent blade, Sharp & Smooth with good longevity, my standard for comparing DE blades & razors.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea - interesting scent with excellent lather qualities, good protection + good post shave IMO.
Brush: Yaqi artic sky 24mm knot- excellent lather creator, heavenly like soft tips + backbone for a scrub or painting lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS, BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my RR 2nd gen Lupo .72 with a Gillette Astra SP blade.(I usually don't get this many BBS shaves in a row.)

SOTD, Jan 19th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Rating 10/10 3 passes plus touch ups. BBS
Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Personna Red
Brush Omega synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap Wickham Soap Co. Ninfeo di Egeria
Balm Wickham Soap Co. Ninfeo di Egeria

Very comfortable shave in my hotel room this morning. Glad I put together my travel kit. All the comforts of home even when I am not there.

View attachment 1210496View attachment 1210495
Very nice travel setup!

Same set-up as yesterday and similar results as well.

Razor : RazoRock Game Changer 84 OC
Brush : RazoRock Beehive
Blade : Gillette 7 O'clock Black (3)
Soap : Tabac Original
Aftershave : Alum rub, Suthol Chandan and Anherb ASC

I got some feedback from alum rub, but it's not worth worrying about.
Great shave tonight.

Rating : 9/10
BBS Confirm

cartoon1610991282907.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze OC .78
Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic striped handle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Tuesday morning shave

Razor: Karbono
Brush: Boar
Soap: Tabac

Great shave despite a small slice with the wickedly sharp toe of this squared off blade. Happened at the start, a good reminder of what I’m doing. Put me on guard a bit, not the most relaxing experience. Live and learn. New brush on the other hand did not cut me, in fact performed admirably. Sent back the same one due to quality control and re purchased through a different vendor. Happy for the second chance.
Have an awesome Tuesday!

190F95E6-E0A0-4973-B948-6CF0EFAA9E46.jpeg

9/10

Last edited:
Prep: Hot shower and Neutrogena face wash
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (5)
Bowl: Freshly printed Rogerquin Design lather bowl
Brush: 26mm Maggards Black and White synthetic
Soap: Stirling Scots Pine sheep
ASB: The Fuzzy Duck Ginger and Lime
AS: Pinaud Citrus Must

I ventured away from a few of my norms with a new bowl, The Fuzzy Duck balm, and the Pinaud AS this morning for a rather enjoyable shave. The bowl worked really well and produced a great amount of nice thick lather but was a little larger than I would like. This was the large size and there is also a medium and XL. I think I will start a medium tonight and give it a try on my next shave. The balm was certainly a change from the Nivea I usually used. This stuff was almost like a lotion but it felt great on my skin and was complimented very nicely by the Pinaud Citrus Musk. All combined was definitely a winning combination to remember.

9-9.5/10
1.19.21.jpg

Tuesday shave- two-pass, 9.8/10, fine result, no nicks, no weepers, no irritation.

Razor: Feather AC SS Japanese style-
this SS handle is delivering just great shavesimpress.
Blade: Proline P-30 (4)- smooth and sharp
Brush: Simpsons Eagle 3 in Best- this brush has been with me for almost a decade and I enjoy every use, this might well be my desert island choice.
Soap: Stirling Varen- one of their sheep base offerings and fantastic- easy to lather, rich, creamy, with a lovely post shave feel. Using this it's easy to see why Stirling has become so popular.
Post shave: cool rinse, Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum, found this bottle while looking for something else in the my shave cupboard and decided to give it a go. Like most Pinaud products it's an in your face, no nonsense offering. Just fine for me.

PXL_20210119_195016083.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm shower, Glycerin Soap Face Wash, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Brush: Simpson's Persian Jar PJ3 in Best Badger
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Stirling Executive Man EDT
Rating: 10/10 Excellent three pass BBS shave. No weepers, no irritation and no cuts. Excellent Shave! Wanted to use the Hybrid again. As I have said before and will again about the OneBlade, it just works!

- Prep: Shower
- Pre: Proraso Red preshave cream
- Brush: Simpson M7 Best
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
- Blade: Wizamet SI (1)
- Soap: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
- Aftershave: Storybook Hook
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose and Hyaluronic Acid

Perfect BBS shave today. 👍 10/10

Wed 20th SOTD with New Razor & Soap
Soap
Stirling Pumpkin Spice - Ooooo smell so delicious!!
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Yaqi Dual Comb with Nice Patterned handle
Blade PearlMax (Y) Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Wow...Stirling soaps sure deliver, especially for the scent. The smell off-puck & during lathering was fantastically delicious... hahaha. My wife thought it's some tasty snacks. Really unique scent! More than mild strength but not overpowering. Absolutely smell like something tasty. Creamy and slickness too.
Shave with this dual comb razor paired with the blade was great. The overall feel of the razor is mild but surprisingly the OC side is milder than the SB side. Shave with OC for the left side & SB for the right. Very smooth and comfortable 3pass without any issues for a BBS result. Very surprised with the efficiency & that with a low-ranked blade! If using a better blade...mmm
Enjoyed this shave with the delicious soap and good razor (with a nice handle)! Rating 10/10!
20210120_094342.jpg

Top Bottom