What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio + Neutrogena Sensitive Shave Skin Cream for men
Aftershave: Cold water rinses

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Overall rank: 10/10

Very good shave. Very close and pleasant shave. Blade is ready for recycling.

YMMV

21 January 2021
DSCF2412.JPG

Prep:
Pear Soap facewash using my old Omega 11126 brush
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using rain water)
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Gillette Silver Blue Blade#1 shave #4 (hint of dulling)
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud √Clubman Bay Rum
Rating:
9.5 DFS+ A great shave with minimal stubble, but no nicks or weepers. Harvested lots of rain water with yesterday’s steady cold rain.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum shave soap
Cream: Captain's Choice 45th Parallel Shave Cream
Brush: Captain's Choice Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor: Karve Brass SB (Plate B)
Blade: Kai SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Bay Rum scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Barrister and Mann Seville

Wonderful shave this morning! My face feels great. No injuries or blood to report. I picked up this WCS brass handle last year. Feels good in the hand. CC 45th Parallel cream is almost gone, three or four more uses and it'll be done. Apologies for the blurry picture...Luck Tiger is the standout!

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210121.jpg

JCarr

Wednesday morning shave- two-pass, 9.6/10, nic result, no nicks, one tiny weeper, no irritation.

Razor: Feather AC SS Japanese style-
the SS handle is really a delight
Blade: Proline P-30 (5)- less sharp and a little more work today
Brush:Zenith Euro boar- this brush is finally starting to break in, enough lather for two passes and a bit of touch up. I'm not sure if it will reach the keep in the rotation stage.
Soap: MWF Stick- lather was fine, as usual
Post shave: cool rinse, alum, Masters Bay Rum- forgot how many bay rums were in the cupboard and decided to give this one a go. Much like I remembered, feels fine going on, not a long-lasting scent, and my face felt a little sticky from the glycerin. Not the best, but surely usable.

May your lather be slick and your shave do the trick!

View attachment 1211049

Wow! That bottle of Masters...how old is it? I don't think they make the bottle like that anymore. Good stuff!

Wow! That bottle of Masters...how old is it? I don't think they make the bottle like that anymore. Good stuff!
I'm not exactly sure, but likely 10 years or so. I decided to try a bunch of bay rums years ago and have about six. I've been pulling everything out of my shave cupboard and shelves to get an idea of all I accumulated over the years; it's more than I had thought. :001_rolle

Razor: Gillette Red Tip, 1957 C-1
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond (3)
Brush: Omega 6214 Silvertip, 22mm
Bowl: Supply Co. Marble

Soap: Petal Pushers Fancies, Neroli

Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe
Tonique Aftershave Splash

Almost a 10 - Maybe a 10 - Maybe a 9.9

I had a tiny red dot and I'm not convinced that's a bad thing because I'm rid of bumps and skin tags and other things that are trying to grow on my aging face and neck.
A mostly smooth and efficient three pass shave.
Suppose to get my first covid vaccine shot today.

Have a great day everyone [emoji2]

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

48-hour beard

Gillette NEW Short Comb/Derby Premium blade (2)

PAA Atmotic soap w/ a little stick Tabac as a pre-shave

AP Shave Co. synth brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

No workout today, but a hot shower; a little Tabac from the stick as a pre-shave (note that I leave it on as a kind of base); face-lathered the Atmotic and went to cutting. A little blade feel on pass 1 (WTG) everywhere, but then on pass 2 (ATG) and 3 (XTG), there was almost none. Smooth and clean, near BBS, no irritation or nicks. The Atmotic, which I hadn't used in a while, still provides a great shave.

Verdict: 9.6.

Mostly Sunny Thursday Shave:
Gillette Tech pre-war model + Super Knurl handle
Feather (1)
Omega 11137 boar brush
PAA Ice Cube 2.0 pre-shave
Tabac shaving stick
Dickinson's witch hazel
La Toja aftershave lotion con sales minerales

Clean, close shave; DFS+

Notes:
- Mentholated Tabac is...interesting...

tabac-shave-6.png

1611241374036.jpeg

Brush: Chisel & Hound / 26 mm V7 Fanchurian
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Desairology
Razor: Rockwell 6C / R5
Blade: Gillette Platinum

9/10: By most metrics, this was a 10 today. An outstanding shave, but I find the post-shave on this to be ever so slightly below that of Sego, Kaizen, Kairos that have become staples for me. Love this scent and performance, however, and I’m very happy with my first Southern Witchcrafts purchase. SW currently holds the distinction of worst soap I’ve ever smelled, thankfully a sample.

Pre Shave: Warm shower, Glycerin Soap Face Wash, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Brush: Stirling High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Stirling Sheep
Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent three pass BBS shave. No weepers, no irritation and no cuts. Excellent Shave! Not sure what happened yesterday, guess the planets were not aligned or the shaving Gods were out to get me, but today's shave was the same as I have been experiencing with the OneBlade razors. Today again I can say "it just works"!

JCarr

View attachment 1211339
Brush: Chisel & Hound / 26 mm V7 Fanchurian
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Desairology
Razor: Rockwell 6C / R5
Blade: Gillette Platinum

9/10: By most metrics, this was a 10 today. An outstanding shave, but I find the post-shave on this to be ever so slightly below that of Sego, Kaizen, Kairos that have become staples for me. Love this scent and performance, however, and I’m very happy with my first Southern Witchcrafts purchase. SW currently holds the distinction of worst soap I’ve ever smelled, thankfully a sample.

The scents in that soap look like a great mix! Must smell wonderful.

Top Bottom