What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Why does the edge of that blade look trashed?
How was the shave? That blade edge looks kinda rough
Yeah. I took that picture before shaving. I’m glad I did or wouldn’t have noticed the destroyed edge on the blade. I have no idea how it got that way as it was only used for two gentle shaves. I popped in a fresh blade before I proceeded. It’s a pretty close and efficient razor, that’s for sure.

Okay. I learned this!
When I was cart shaving, I never saw a mirror. All my shaving was done in the shower.
Now that I’m wet shaving I spend a lot of time in front of a mirror staring at my face while I’m shaving. What I learned is how handsome I am, and how blemish and wrinkle free my face is...then I put my glasses back on.

No matter how long my beard is, no matter which razor or blade or soap or cream I use, trying for BBS on my lower lip almost certainly means I'll need to reach for the styptic pencil.
Took it very easy today on the lower lip: Slim on setting 4, one pass; setting 3, one pass and done. Unless I stretch my lower lip, my finger thinks it's BBS, and that is more than good enough.

Today I learned the following:
1. While the Simpson T1 is a great brush, it's just too small for my hand's. Back to the "lather cannon" T3 for me.
.....2. Personna Israeli Blues give me a fantastic shave with my Merkur 38C. Once only suspected, it's now confirmed.
.....3. Stirling shave soap rocks. Okay, I admit I already knew that but I'm feeling particularly verbose this morning.

that Gentlemans face care club cream is one of the best creams ive used👍🏼
DSC_0102.JPG

For me, my most hated synths seem to work pretty well if I:
1 - Avoid face lathering
2 - Avoid soaps

If I use them with a cream and lather in my scuttle, I get a pretty decent result. This might just save one of my synths from the steam pot.

That a Merkur Progress, set down to its mildest number, can provide a light but very efficient shave -- much like a Gillette Tech. Even when the blade has 3 shaves on it. Even when I wield it on a 24-hour beard.

Shaving 3 days in a row does not produce irritation for me, if -- IF! -- the first day is a 48-hour beard, and I do only light 1-to-2-pass shaves on both days 2 and 3.

Top Bottom