What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I really like Haslinger Schafmilch facelathered with a big boar like an Omega 49. I think I need to add even more water since the lather ends up so thick I can't shake it off the razor.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
The Gem/Ever-Ready/ASR 1912 SE models are officially part of my apocalypse load-out. Excellent, efficient shaves every time!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Some of these new synthetic brushes are just wonderful to shave with- who would thought they could perfect whiskers so perfect is beyond me.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
How I've come to prefer milder razors.

I was an R41 shaver since 2012 or so, and always got close, irritation-free, bloodless shaves. Then I picked up an Oristo, which I understand was IB's original Mamba. Anyway, it's an incredibly mild, almost nick and weeper-proof razor, which, when I first began using it, was laughably ineffective.

Anyway, I persevered with the Oristo, and now that I've mastered it, I enjoy spectacularly good shaves that equal those I got with the R41--without all the angst.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
How I've come to prefer milder razors.

I was an R41 shaver since 2012 or so, and always got close, irritation-free, bloodless shaves. Then I picked up an Oristo, which I understand was IB's original Mamba. Anyway, it's an incredibly mild, almost nick and weeper-proof razor, which, when I first began using it, was laughably ineffective.

Anyway, I persevered with the Oristo, and now that I've mastered it, I enjoy spectacularly good shaves that equal those I got with the R41--without all the angst.
Excellent point!

I learned that I can still be surprised by the unexpected quality of a shave. Recently acquired a COOPER Monobilt razor. Expected a comfortable DFS, and instead ended up with one of the closest and most comfortable BBS shaves.

The Fatip Grande shaves really well with a bit of care. It's not a face-chewing monster. Quite smooth and comfortable with a Gillette Nacet.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Its always a good idea to have some mild razors in your collection for those days when your skin likes to rest a bit with no compounded irritation from a aggressive razor shave.

to keep a shallow angle with certain razors. It feels like everything is going smooth until you put on that aftershave and realize it was a much rougher shave than initially imagined

Always bloom a tub soap before its first use.

Otherwise be prepared to be dissapointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom