What's new

What can one expect from WetShaving?

All the above. Great Fun. Great frustration. And this weird backpedaling motion from anyone with whom you dare broach the subject, as they mumble something about needing to rush home to iron the wallpaper... or something.

I enjoy the variety of the DE shave experience. I don't use M3's anymore, but who's to say you can't add it into the rotation for even more variety. Mantic59, after all, uses M3's in some of his vids. I used to have a lot of issues with ingrowns when using multi-blades. I don't anymore since I began DE shaving. But, I like the different razors, brushes, etc., and it really spices up what used to be a boring chore.

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes and absolutely yes to your first 2 questions in the same order.

How would you define a BBS? or Could you elaborate a bit more on your BBS results? To me, BBS means an absolutely smooth shave without a hint of grain left even on the jawline, chin, Adam's apple and rest of the neck and face, AND no irritation or nick whatsoever.

What can one get from wet shaving: A more ineteresting shaving experience.

But what about BBS? Personally, couldn't care less. I am a man, not a baby.

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes and absolutely yes to your first 2 questions in the same order.

How would you define a BBS? or Could you elaborate a bit more on your BBS results? To me, BBS means an absolutely smooth shave without a hint of grain left even on the jawline, chin, Adam's apple and rest of the neck and face, AND no irritation or nick whatsoever.

Thanks. That is what I mean by BBS. When done right I can still feel stumble when I wash and put on my balm, but within 30 minutes the skin has covered the hair and it's sssmmmooooth!

What can one get from wet shaving: A more ineteresting shaving experience.

But what about BBS? Personally, couldn't care less. I am a man, not a baby.

LOL I like your thinking

Thanks. That is what I mean by BBS. When done right I can still feel stumble when I wash and put on my balm, but within 30 minutes the skin has covered the hair and it's sssmmmooooth!

There you go, you have answered your question yourself. A lot of members define a DFS in the same manner. It's good that you are satisfied with these fine results.

You save a lot of money on not buying multiblade cartridges. You sure do.

Now just because you spend it on something else is your fault. You could use a coffee cup for a mug, a cheap boar brush and a puck of yummy Williams Soap.

As for me, I like the shaving experience and all of the wonderful soaps, creams, brushes, aftershaves, colognes, splashes and anything else I can get my hands on.

And a BBS Shave is very very nice too.

All the above comments are true. But what I get from wet shaving is much more than the tools of the trade or the result. It's about having time to pamper myself each morning. A man that looks great and feels great will BE great. That's the truth!

Nico

I've been wet shaving traditionally for five months now, prior to that I used canned goo and a Mach 3. There is no way I'm going back. I usually shave every other day, although sometimes I'll leave it for three days. The M3 would choke on two days' growth and require constant de-clogging, whereas the Merkur HD will go through four days' beard like a scythe and rinse clean. The blades are a lot cheaper now that I've settled on the ones I like, and the shaving cream doesn't smell like deodorant. I also like the idea of shaving the way my granddad did, and the satisfaction of having bought out of the number of blades arms race. I'd always suspected that the increasing number of blades, and cost, was more about marketing than anything else. Plus a DE razor looks so much better than an M3.

As for the quality of the shave, I get a much closer and more comfortable shave than I ever did with a cartridge. I usually do two WTG passes, and occasionally one XTG. I can get BBS if I go ATG too, but I don't find going ATG comfortable and it only lasts a few hours anyway. I even shave my head with my DE.

Top Bottom