What's new

What blade is the WORST for you.....

Asco Super Stainless, Treet Platinum, and 7 a.m. Platinum Hi Stainless; all 3 really tugged on my beard. It was actually painful. I'm another that got a batch of counterfeit Lord Super Stainless blades (without the thin silver strip near the bottom of the box) that were horrible.

I really do not have blades that I hate...more so blades that I would never purchase again. Most modern blades that I have tried will provide a more than serviceable shave as long as I properly prep my beard. With that said, Derby, Merkur, and ASR Personna (CVS-branded) blades are not exactly my favorite ones.

Derby's Extra, Shark SS, and by far the worst, Super-Max Stainless and Bolzano Superinox ( even though some people say are great blades )

Merkurs and German Wilkies.
I've come to the conclusion that my face doesn't like German blades.
Anything out of Russia, Egypt and Israel is usually GTG as far as I'm concerned.

Depends. It is all BLADE + RAZOR combination.

Personna Lab Blue is the only blade wich gives me a painful bloody shaving, when mounted in my Slant bar, the razor that gives me smoooooth shaves with every other blade, including Dorcos.

This very same Personna blade just gave me an excellent DFS mounted in my Gillette Red Tip.

Before blaming a blade try combine it with another razor.

For me the derby extra terible blades.
i like the lord blades
i hink its all about wright razor and type of blade and skin type.

Last edited:
A lot of different opinions on the blades. For me all of the Lord blades give me an excellent shave. The only blade that I have a problem with is the Gillette Black. For some reason I get irritation from these blades.

I have never tried Dorco or Treat blades so can't venture an opinion on them.

I share your opinion about lord blades i love them no iratations no Burns they work good for me.
I like to try a sample pak of Israëli's peronna reds

derby, no way i could do a complete pass with it.
next least fave would be a merk but much better than the derby for me

Derby for sure! And if I had to pick a second it would be either a Personna Red in my Tech or a Crystal in my NEW. But the latter choices are both MUCH better than a Derby.

I see there is no negatieve experience with the red Israëli's peronna i think that i will do good by order a sample of these blades.

Top Bottom