What's new

What blade is the WORST for you.....

Also, if I tried them and they shred my face then I would also conclude they are Barbers based on my experience with them.
Come to think of it, if you shred your face with Barbers, you may like the GFs. It's really hard to cut yourself with them.:001_smile

As for most people supposedly feeling the same about Barbers as you, I haven't seen people starting threads about how terrible they are as with the GFs. In fact, I was the first one that I could fine to start a thread, and I had used the generic Personna Barbers for decades (I've always been a DE shaver and until recently bought what was available in stores and, like many people, had no problem with Personnas).

Come to think of it, if you shred your face with Barbers, you may like the GFs. It's really hard to cut yourself with them.:001_smile

As for most people supposedly feeling the same about Barbers as you, I haven't seen people starting threads about how terrible they are as with the GFs. In fact, I was the first one that I could fine to start a thread, and I had used the generic Personna Barbers for decades (I've always been a DE shaver and until recently bought what was available in stores and, like many people, had no problem with Personnas).
Lol so if I put them in my Weishie I should be completely safe!

As for Personna, I love all but the Barbers and their cheaper 5 blade cart shaver that was sold under a Walmart brand. It was another cheese grater. [emoji37]

Last edited:
So made in the US and looks like a Barber? One of the biggest complaints of Barbers is that they are very inconsistent. So I would lay odds.in Barbers. Also, can you show me where Barbers are coated? I don't remember seeing that on the package I had.

And youe last argument is moot since I already addressed it. I don't need to try CVS to know they are the same blade as I had since they conform to all other characteristics.
Oh sorry, that was from another thread; http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/489087-Is-this-Personna-barber-grade-or-really-Lab-Blue
post 13 shows the catalog page. Got the threads confused.:blush:

Okay, so all blades marked "Gillette" must be the same also and you don't need to try them to know?

Derby's work really well for me in my Merker 34c. Astras work pretty well for me in either 34c or the EJ89. I tried the Dorco that came with my 34c and didn't try a second time, so Dorco is definitely the worst blade I've tried so far.

Treet Black Carbon was awful for me. X2 shaves & I pitched it. Derbys work great for me though. Normal medium beard type. Usually X8 smooth shaves.

Treet Black Carbon was awful for me. X2 shaves & I pitched it. Derbys work great for me though. Normal medium beard type. Usually X8 smooth shaves.

Just finished my first pack of Treet black beauties. Used them in an ATT Slant and in a Feather AS D2 and they gave a couple of smooth, close shaves in each. I do take them out between shaves and strop them on the heel of my hand and also put some mineral oil on them to keep the carbon steel from rusting, but I am quite satisfied with them and at about 7 or 8 cents each, if I don't want to mess with that it's no big deal to just dispose of them after one shave.

Okay, so all blades marked "Gillette" must be the same also and you don't need to try them to know?

People seem to actually think that, even though Gillette went out of business (and existence) in 2007 and P&G just owns and lends out the name all over the world to be put on anything for which someone thinks buying some brand equity is worthwhile. CVS has bought the licensing to slop "Gillette" all over every imaginable generic toiletry piece, as one example. Their "Gillette" blades are random stuff from anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shark super chrome, two swipes and it fell out of the razor right into the wastebasket. :001_rolle

See? Like I said, these mostly-meaningless threads are more about QC than anything else. The Super Chromes I got were extremely sharp and had very good longevity. There's simply no way these could be comparable blades if they had decent QC. Mine came at the beginning of the production run, yours at the end, presumably.

I always thought that Derby blades were the worst, I always got a good shave, but they left my face feeling hot, red, puffy and unbelievably itchy, probably from an allergic reaction to one of the chemicals in the coating.
BUT
As from today, my new worst blade is the Topaz Stainless - A brand new blade dragged from the 1st stroke and I got a lot of redness and irritation - Never again !!

Top Bottom