What's new

What blade is the WORST for you.....

Feathers have been the worst for me. Super sharp, but I think that sharpness comes at a price. I'm thinking that the edge must be to thin for my whiskers. It's a painful shave, both during and after.

So far, Bluebird was the absolute worst for me. It was a shame, too, because I wanted to like it for some reason. Derby may not have given me a good shave, but Bluebird made a mess out of my skin.

Derby Extra (inconsistent quality) and Merkur. Next would be Blue bird. They gave a pretty decent shave but with considerable irritation. They were useless after the second shave. Too bad I really wanted to like them.

The Astra SP. I can't seem to get a smooth shave. The Derby haven't been too bad for me so I am surprised to see so many people hate them. Kinda funny how peoples opinions vary so differently. Also the feathers don't seem to get much love, I find them to be the best smoothest blade I have tried.

Probably not the place to comment, but Snowman I like your avatar! Pro hockey hasn't been the same since that jersey left our state. Go Gophers!

Yes, I miss the NorthStars. Hopefully Wild / Blackhawks will get a good rivalry going in coming years. Love the Goph's! To keep it shaving related I should mention that one of the benefits to this endless *#&$^ winter we are having is that I no longer have to shave. I just walk outside and let the -40 windchill freeze my face for 3 or 4 minutes and all of my whiskers just fall off. Who needs menthol shaving cream when you live in the Great White North?

For me, it has to be Shark. The Chrome and Stainless both felt like they were ripping the hair out rather than cutting it. I do plan on revisiting them, though. Perhaps it was just the one blade from both types...

I am relatively new to wet shaving. I have tried Sharks, Merkur and Gillette Wilkinson Swords. The Sharks were super smooth. Merkur was average. The Wilkinson swords nearly scraped my skin off. When using these, be ginger. Too afraid to try Feathers based on my Wilkinson Sword experience.

Too afraid to try Feathers based on my Wilkinson Sword experience.

Don't be. Feathers are sharp and Wilkies (of todays production) are not (so much). The Feather, when used with a little attention, will glide over your skin and through your whiskers where the Wilkinsons will have to be dragged and pulled through your beard.

Top Bottom