What's new

What blade is the WORST for you.....

This thread isn't to slander anyone. We all know results vary from person to person. There are a ton of threads on which is the "Best" blade.....but i'm wondering which blades have given you the worst shave?

For me....These two were pretty much exactly the same. Not sharp IMO and tugged like crazy on my beard. I have a couple of packs of each if anyone wants them. All i ask is for postage.

Derby.
Merkur.

So gents....what blades simply didn't work for YOU?

This blade was the worst I have ever used. I don't know who made it but it felt like I was
shaving with a rusty beer can. I couldn't make it through a half pass and I had to switch
to a Souplex to finish the shave.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Feathers.

Blasphemy!

Just kidding. Feathers are a love/hate relationship for me. I know they'll give me a smooth and relatively comfortable shave....and they glide through my beard with no effort.

But i always ALWAYS look like i just attempted suicide after using them.

Sucks.

Worst for me was Royals, then Green 7 o'clocks so far, I don't know why.

My current Cache of blades form best to worst (IMHO)

Feather
Gillette 7 o'clock yellows
GEM (SE)
Derby Extra
Red IP
Gillette Thin
Lord Super
Wilkinson Sword
Gillette 7 o'clock greens
Royal

Gillette Indian blacks. If I use them irritation is the result. Can't figure out why. This is the only blade that does this to me - and I have tried many.

Derby, Blue Bird, and both Dorcos are all in about the same league of yuck. Astra SP was pretty bad too, but I'm planning on revisiting those since I had substantially better luck with the Astra SS (reverse of most people's experience).

Top Bottom