What's new

what attracts you ?

I prefer traditional brands, but if I know them to be sub-par performance-wise, I might skip one. I mostly choose based on the scent, after that. I find myself un-attracted to many artisan soaps due to offputting names, ugly or offensive packaging, etc., however.

Do you mean something like soaps that have a skeleton on their cover or a "Plague Doctor" and other macabre images? Yes, i find them rather odd choices for promoting a product too!

I have a few "artisans" who make quality stuff and keep their packaging simple and to the point (Captain's Choice, WSP, Asylum, and others come to mind), and can be pretty loyal to brands I end up liking. Again, I'm usually looking for a particular scent, assuming the soap doesn't have a poor reputation for performance quality (I am pretty tolerant when it comes to that).

Do you mean something like soaps that have a skeleton on their cover or a "Plague Doctor" and other macabre images? Yes, i find them rather odd choices for promoting a product too!
Exactly. I don't want to name names, but there are a lot of those out there. I'm just waiting for someone to produce a "rotting corpse" Halloween-themed soap. Have no doubt it would get some takers, too.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Exactly. I don't want to name names, but there are a lot of those out there. I'm just waiting for someone to produce a "rotting corpse" Halloween-themed soap. Have no doubt it would get some takers, too.

🤣 Here's the cover art on Phoenix and Beau Empress Rising, which was a Halloween release.

IMG_20210327_134216_edit.jpg

Close enough? :lol:

Yes, that's my tub of it :biggrin1:

linty1

My wallet cries.
For me its scent, brand (I'm currently trying to go through and try all the better known brands) and I guess packaging? Packaging as in, if it comes already in a circle thing. I -will- buy just a named puck, but if theres a version with a tin, or container I'll prob spend the extra for it. Something like a super fancy ceramic one or a wooden one and the added cost is like $10-20 would give me pause (prob still end ip getting it ha!), but a simple tin for an extra $1-2 is good.

Top Bottom