What's new

What are your favorite citrus soaps?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
IMG_20210724_083307.jpg

All hail the urinal cake, you may now clamp your nose.

Southern witchcrafts gravefruit II(never tried one) is prob my favorite. WSP citrus blast is nice and kind of strong. Stirling satsuma I really like I don't get much spices, just a nice mandarin. B&M nordost is nice but the least scent strength of all of these.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Don Marco and Nordost are my favorite Citrus scents. Citrus is my favorite scent profile, so I have lots. 42 from B&M is one of my top soaps as well. It’s top note is Pangalactic Gargle Blaster, which has an overwhelming Lemonade quality to the scent.

Razorock XXX

I tried Razorock XXX shave. Man, what a smooth and complete (took my stubble down to the skin's surface. My face has never felt smoother after shaving. I was enjoying the shave so much that I turned my usual two-pass shave into a three-pass shave and cleaned house! The shave soap (croap?) is exceptional. I had a new most-favored blade (Rapira Platinum Lux), in my razor, but it was a blade that didn't pass muster; and I had a new Astra SP in my other 34C, so it became my DE of choice this evening. This was the first shave on the Astra SP, which we know is not all that efficient or comfortable. With a face full of XXX, the first-use Astra SP performed flawlessly. It was smooth shaving with no harshness--it really handled my three-day stubble with ease--even the tougest stubble on my chin it shaved with ease. And there was no pulling or tugging, from the Astra SP, which can I can get with a new Astra SP blade; and there was no post-shave skin rash.

I had been using La Toja soap stick prior to the XXX. It's a good inexpensive soap, but it can't compete with XXX.

Merkur 34C
Astra SP (1)

Many great options mentioned already but I'll add Saponificio bignoli agrumi de Mediterranean.

Very bright, fresh mix of citrus. No one single citrus fruit like lime or orange, it's literally a bunch of citrus fruits blended together.
I'm definitely interested in this one. I don't want to hijack the thread, but what's the lather like?

I'm definitely interested in this one. I don't want to hijack the thread, but what's the lather like?

Surprisingly good!
It's a very soft soap (not a cream) which lathers easily and is creamy and slick.
I scoop a bit out on to my palm and load the brush from there.

Scent strength is medium and very pleasant.

I also have the blackberry/musk scent and it's one of my most favorite scents!

Another citrus line that does not seem to be especially well known among shavers is TAROCCO. The scent is “Sicilian Blood Oranges”. To me the scent is very wholesome, fresh, and natural, and the quality is great. For shaving there is TAROCCO Shave Cream and After Shave Balm. There is an extensive line of shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, lip balm, and more. I really enjoy using TAROCCO products and suggest you give them a try; they are sold on Amason.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your many and varied replies. I counted 42 unique soaps and creams; at least half of which I’ve never heard of or never tried. The shave cave is lacking once again!

Top Bottom