What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Just arrived, nos friodur 17 [emoji847]

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased a couple of SuperSpeeds for a friend.
So far I have him converted to using a shaving brush and soap, but he still shaves with a cartridge razor. Hopefully these two razors will complete his Conversion. I’ll just have to assemble a small selection of blades for him to try.
View attachment 1313057
I started using DE razors 10 years ago. I've used two different Super Speeds (1948-1950 and 1965). I alternated when I changed blades. The 1965 S.S. was the one I preferred. It's still my favorite DE razor. I hope your friend will like them.

I tried the cream today. Not impressed with the performance. The scent is impressively "natural", though: freshly chopped pine (for me, at least) - although it didn't "win me". I wanted to try Havn or Slateroy, but G&C had the Fjellheim sample on sale, so I settled for this one. The problem, now, is that, after the lackluster performance, I don't think I'll try either. Just part of the game...
I’ve had my eye on the Fitjar line. If only to have something to pair with my Swedish razors. I’d be interested to hear what is was about the performance that fell short of the mark for you.

I’ve had my eye on the Fitjar line. If only to have something to pair with my Swedish razors. I’d be interested to hear what is was about the performance that fell short of the mark for you.
@Tomo , I looked for my post just to make sure my recollection was right.

I didn’t find it slick enough. And didn’t get a good post shave. I’m not saying it was bad. It was more like “nothing”.

But the scent is impressively natural, real, matching the description (their descriptions are great, by the way). Although it didn’t “win me over” - for purely subjective reasons. I wanted to try Havn os Slateroy, but G&C had this on sale, so...

I’ve said this before, thou: I believe water plays a huge part in how a soap performes. So take my comments with a grain of salt.

@Tomo , I looked for my post just to make sure my recollection was right.

I didn’t find it slick enough. And didn’t get a good post shave. I’m not saying it was bad. It was more like “nothing”.

But the scent is impressively natural, real, matching the description (their descriptions are great, by the way). Although it didn’t “win me over” - for purely subjective reasons. I wanted to try Havn os Slateroy, but G&C had this on sale, so...

I’ve said this before, thou: I believe water plays a huge part in how a soap performes. So take my comments with a grain of salt.
Thanks. I appreciate your thoughts. Lack of post shave is a reoccurring theme with these soaps. A good balm can fix that but lack of slickness is a different story. Still tempted to give it a spin for some reason. A good nordic soap would go well with my Heljestrand razors.

Thanks. I appreciate your thoughts. Lack of post shave is a reoccurring theme with these soaps. A good balm can fix that but lack of slickness is a different story. Still tempted to give it a spin for some reason. A good nordic soap would go well with my Heljestrand razors.
You’re welcome!

You mean lack of post shave being a recurrent theme with Fitjar soaps?

I must say that the scent is really impressive, though. I’d be curious to smell Havn and Slateroy. If you’re buying it, I’d say go for either one of the 2. Unless you want the smell of chopped pine in early autumn morning (and I don’t say this in a bad way!)

Today's arrivals would be the Above The Tie Windsor with SSR plate and Calypso handle from Maggard with the SSM and SSH plates obtained from @Above The Tie . Also arriving today was a wooden test tube holder for the growing DE razor collection.
View attachment 1311845View attachment 1311846
Good move on the lab equipment. I have a 12 hole wooden test tube holder I got around 7 or 8 years ago. They're affordable and look good and work great.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom