What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Big Mail Call! Many thanks to @Multum in parvo for all things on the left!
I'm so glad to be part of this community and to met very kind people.

IMG_20210319_100735.jpg

It's definitely a feminine scent, a good blend of sweet, floral, and citrus. I'm usually not a fan of florals but this one smells great.

This is great.
I purchased Inquity for Her and Duchess among other Stirling Soaps.
I was also worried about them being " too feminine, " but turns out they are quite refreshing and soap's performance is excellent.

Thanks for sharing.

Through the diligent wasting of much time, I found a way to score a few new wooden bowls cheaply, and they just arrived:
tempImageuC1gKC.jpg

With an outside diameter of 4" and at just over 1.5" tall, they are compact, the same size as a typical artisan soap container, but with much less interior volume. I put my remaining Speick stick in one. In my house, Pyrex containers are back in use for soup, not soap. FFFMM is still on, so these won't get use for actual shaving for a while, but I did a test lather and really liked using it. The interior surface has just a little texture, which makes a nice swishing sound against the brush.

These dress up the sink area nicely. I could see scooping out a certain amount of a soap, pressing it into the bowl, and using that up before moving on to something else. The Fixed Four challenge has given me an appreciation of spending some time with the same product.

Alright, friends! This week was a big haul on both the shaving front and the pen front:
Shaving stuff.JPG

That's the Lucky Tiger ointment. Ingredients listed are virtually the same as my doctor recommended for the hellacious dandruff and dermatitis that I'm having all over my head, including my eyebrows, my mustache, and my beard area. As the rest of the household also has skin issues, this is a triple win.

Then there's the Lucky Tiger Face Scrub since I've also been having issues with my face feeling like I need some help with exfoliation.

The brush is a Semogue Owner's Club with cherry wood handle and boar bristles. I was surprised at how dense the knot feels and how soft the bristles are even right out of the box, as compared to my old (admittedly cheap) Vulfix boar. That's going to be fun, I think. Also, the handle is satiny smooth, very nice feeling!

Hide and Drink Leather brush case and razor sleeve. I love Hide and Drink leather goods. It's a shame that their website is borked even after I told them about it months back. Regardless, their stuff has a fantastic feel and comes with a "101 year" warranty.

then there's my new Ralf Aust razor! 5/8" Ralf Aust Round Tip Horn Scale. Not shown: Razor emporium 3 inch English Bridle leather and Canvas Strop

Razor front.JPG
Razor Back.JPG

I'll admit, I was hoping for some variation in color on the scales, but that's the nature of... Er... natural products: You never quite know what you're gonna get.

Then there's the pen and ink stuff that I got:

Everything pen.JPG

Lamy Al-Star F, Lamy Studio EF, nibs M, 1.5, 1.9.
The one in the tin (Stipula Passaporto Superleggera) was supposed to come with an italic nib, but it came with a fine nib, so I'm trying to exchange it.

Top Bottom