What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

The stream of incoming packages will have to stop soon but thankfully I still have a few things coming

6E902B64-D814-44AA-83E0-3C76833FEF89.jpeg

Three Razorock brushes to try. Will likely only keep my favorite (or two)

A vintage Schick injector and Gillette dispenser that I basically got for the cost of shipping

A Schick case for my E model (actually got the case and ordered a razor to go in it. Lol)

And also a generous PIF from @kingfisher of some Soapy Science!!

5178A6C8-8F0B-4AB8-93A8-DC178895C1B2.jpeg

It’s like they all three belong together

The stream of incoming packages will have to stop soon but thankfully I still have a few things coming

View attachment 1100127
Three Razorock brushes to try. Will likely only keep my favorite (or two)

A vintage Schick injector and Gillette dispenser that I basically got for the cost of shipping

A Schick case for my E model (actually got the case and ordered a razor to go in it. Lol)

And also a generous PIF from @kingfisher of some Soapy Science!!

View attachment 1100128
It’s like they all three belong together
"The stream of incoming packages will have to stop soon"
😂

I said that once.. Maybe twice.. Great Haul, the fun for me with vintage is the pure fun of learning how to be an expert at shaving with every one.. The one's I can't you can find on BST!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
No pictures...Barrister and Mann Seville aftershave and Barrister and Mann Reserve Waves soap came today. Still some things are enroute.

Where did you get this from? I have a number of Yaqi brushes on order from Ali Express since 3/29 that are somewhere in shipment limbo.
Im in the uk and got it off a uk ebay seller nice4shaves ordered it sunday received it thurs not much more the the aliexpress prices aswell.

Where did you get this from? I have a number of Yaqi brushes on order from Ali Express since 3/29 that are somewhere in shipment limbo.
I'm also waiting for a package from Yaqi to arrive. I ordered on March 27 and, until recently (see below), the last shipping update was April 8 ("Departed Beijing processing centre").

I waited until April 28, then sent a message asking for an update. They responded, as follows:
We are sorry to inform you that your order may be affected by the extended flight regulations of the local authorities in China. Affected by the outbreak, China only flies to one country every week. However, please be assured that we are making every effort to ship your package as soon as possible.

I pestered them and AliExpress for more info and learned that all of the ports (air and sea) are jammed up with mega-tons (literally) of cargo waiting to get export clearance before getting on a plane or ship. As noted in the message, COVID-19 restrictions are to blame.

So, in a nutshell, if you don't see an update that actually says that it's been put on a plane (such as "Handed to line-haul" or "Handed to air transportation"), then it's still stuck in China.

Now, luckily for me, I received two updates a couple of days ago that say that my items were put on a plane ("Handed to air transportation - Shanghai International") and are on the way here ("Exported from departure country"). With any luck, they'll be in my hands in a week or two, depending on how long Customs decides to fondle them.

I'm also waiting for a package from Yaqi to arrive. I ordered on March 27 and, until recently (see below), the last shipping update was April 8 ("Departed Beijing processing centre").

I waited until April 28, then sent a message asking for an update. They responded, as follows:

I pestered them and AliExpress for more info and learned that all of the ports (air and sea) are jammed up with mega-tons (literally) of cargo waiting to get export clearance before getting on a plane or ship. As noted in the message, COVID-19 restrictions are to blame.

So, in a nutshell, if you don't see an update that actually says that it's been put on a plane (such as "Handed to line-haul" or "Handed to air transportation"), then it's still stuck in China.

Now, luckily for me, I received two updates a couple of days ago that say that my items were put on a plane ("Handed to air transportation - Shanghai International") and are on the way here ("Exported from departure country"). With any luck, they'll be in my hands in a week or two, depending on how long Customs decides to fondle them.
I have a Franks brush that showed “Processed in originating country”, then a month later “International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada” then a month later “Processed in originating country” then another month later “International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada”. I have no idea where it is or if it even exists anymore. 90 days and waiting.

"The stream of incoming packages will have to stop soon"
😂

I said that once.. Maybe twice.. Great Haul, the fun for me with vintage is the pure fun of learning how to be an expert at shaving with every one.. The one's I can't you can find on BST!

I did really well for a year and then got back on here and it reignited the RAD.

But I sold some stuff (shaving and electronics) on eBay and set a limit this time and I’m approaching that limit.

I too find great joy in learning a new razor. Today’s shave was even better than yesterday’s on my NEW SC because I had better technique on my ATG pass.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
A two liter jug of Elegance Plus "Jupiter" shaving gel. A great pre-shave that's also a good shaving medium on its own.

I picked up a Charcoal Goods bright brass Stinger 1 handle and immediately turned it into an antique brass Stinger 1 handle. Brian only had the bright brass and I have the antique brass CG level 2 SB. Brian turned me on to Brass Black last year for refinishing the brass to antique status.

Before Brass Black...
IMG_5150.jpeg

After Brass Black...
IMG_5153.jpeg

And altogether now...
IMG_5156.jpeg

Thanks for the information. As said, my two orders were placed on 3/29, one from dscosmetic and one from Yaqi Factory Store.

The status of the brushes from dscosmetic was last updated 4/1
3 and is "departed country of origin". The status of the order from Yaqi store was last updated on 4/2 and is "despatch from sorting center". Both orders on Ali Express read the orders will be closed in 11 days. I'm not sure what that means, really.

I've completed chats with both stores and their responses are canned and not very useful, as they could not tell me specifically where the orders were physically located and that I should be more patient :eek2:

Top Bottom