What's new

What Are You Reading?

I am reading Imagine Me Gone by Adam Haslett. It has won the National Book Award, among others, and that’s the reason I bought it.

I've read several books since I last posted in here...was rather underwhelmed by Jeff Vandermeer's Southern Reach trilogy. Book #1, Annihilation, was different, captivating. And then it quickly disappointed me.

Currently reading "Those Who Wander: America's Lost Street Kids" by Vivian Ho. So far, meh. It's a promising premise, but a lot of fluff. Tells interesting stories, but at the cost of being of questionable truthfulness.

Terry Jones' Barbarians. Brought to mind on his passing. Unfortunately, I happened to know something about one of the events covered, and the chapter's title hints which way it will slant. Also not particularly impressed by the introduction. We will see.

Reading There, There by Tommy Orange. One of the ‘It’ books of 2019. It’s beautifully written but one of the most depressing books I’ve read in a very long time. If I wanted this much despair, I’d buy a newspaper.

I need a recommendation for something lighthearted to read after I sober up.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Reading There, There by Tommy Orange. One of the ‘It’ books of 2019. It’s beautifully written but one of the most depressing books I’ve read in a very long time. If I wanted this much despair, I’d buy a newspaper.

Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy.

The library where I work and the local college have been pushing that book all month. The author did a talk to a packed house last week. I was off that evening so didn't get to meet him. I considered reading the book but after your description I'll probably give it a miss.

Top Bottom