What's new

What Are You Reading?

Infinite Powers, by Steve Strogatz. It's an overview of the reasoning behind calculus. Pretty good, but speaking as a non-mathematician, some of the introductory concepts seems obvious.

My dad worked with Bukowski at Terminal Annex in the early 50s. Never accompanied him to the track though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Don't leave us hanging! :) What did your Dad have to say about what he was like? Bukowski seems like the kind of guy one might like to meet, but I sure would not want to be married to him, or even, say, have to moderate on B&B!

Don't leave us hanging! :) What did your Dad have to say about what he was like? Bukowski seems like the kind of guy one might like to meet, but I sure would not want to be married to him, or even, say, have to moderate on B&B!
If I had anything of interest I'd share , but my Dad and Bukowski were polar opposites so didn't hang in the same circles. I get a kick out of knowing they were there together though.

If I had anything of interest I'd share , but my Dad and Bukowski were polar opposites so didn't hang in the same circles. I get a kick out of knowing they were there together though.

I understand and agree that that is pretty darn cool!

I do have the impression that Bukowski must have looked pretty rough some mornings, even from afar!

I like reading on the treadmill also...it's where I read most of my fiction. I can sink into the entertainment and forget about the monotony of what I'm doing until it's over, and the time seems to fly by. Other kinds of books are not so amenable...I like to take notes, underling sections, include marginal thoughts, and so forth, and a treadmill makes that a non-starter for most non-fiction for me.

Top Bottom