What's new

What Are You Reading?

proxy.php

The Idiot - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

I stared it a few months ago, then got busy / distracted, this time I'll finish it.

IMG_20210708_232512.jpg

Edit: I don't know how much confidence can be put in this print as the Publisher got the Writer's Name spelling wrong.

I stared it a few months ago, then got busy / distracted, this time I'll finish it.

View attachment 1293804

Edit: I don't know how much confidence can be put in this print as the Publisher got the Writer's Name spelling wrong.

For some reason this reminded my addled neurons of a bit of doggerel by Spike Milligan:

Behold, the happy idiot, he doesn't give a damn.
I wish I were an idiot. My God, perhaps I am.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

View attachment 1293804

One of his best.

It Can Happen Here: White Power and the Rising Threat of Genocide in the U.S by Alexander Laban Hinton.

Currently reading "The Dangerous Gift" by Tui Sutherland. It's book 14 in her Wings of Fire series. My daughter LOVES these books, which are inspiring her own desire to be a writer. It's a middle-grade book, but I enjoy reading some of her favorites so I can talk to her about them. I typically rotate between reading a "for me" book and a "for her" book.

I read Raymond Chandler’s ‘The Lady in the Lake’ and John LeCarre’s ‘Smiley’s People’ while on vacation last week. Both were excellent, and I must say that Smiley’s People was my favorite of his Karla trilogy. ‘The Honourable Schoolboy’ was a close second.

last five:

LaRose, Louise Erdrich 2016
The Trouble with Goats and Sheep, Joanna Cannon 2016
American Legend: The Real-Life Adventures of David Crockett, Buddy Levy 2005
The Sixth Man (Sean King & Michelle Maxwell #5), David Baldacci 2011
Killer Show: The Station Nightclub Fire, America's Deadliest Rock Concert, John Barylick 2012

currently reading:

proxy.php

Not sure I follow. That's how Dostoevsky is spelt.

I've seen some translations of The Idiot with author name as - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, hence the doubt about the correct spelling of the Author.

Ps: Penguin Classics transliterate the spelling as Dostoyevsky

Both are correct as far as I can tell, it's just that I saw Dostoyevsky on more than one occasion.

Reactions: dws
Top Bottom