What's new

What Are You Reading?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Halfway through Good Clean Fun: Misadventures in Sawdust at Offerman Woodshop by
Nick Offerman

Currently on Ron Chernow's Ulysses S. Grant biography, trying to finish before David McCullough's new book on the American Frontier releases next week, but I don't think I'm going to make it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I really enjoyed his second book: Gumption: Relighting the Torch of Freedom with America's Gutsiest Troublemakers.
Yeah I wanna read that one too. For now I’m going to try to make it through the Lord of the Rings books, starting with Hobbit. We’ll see how this goes.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Moby Dick. It's much better as an adult who is able to appreciate Melville's humor, irony and wit. Too many great books are wasted on the young. May follow it with Frederick Busch's The Night Inspector, which involves Melville as a protagonist in a mystery.

Also, Trollope's The Way We Live Now. Biting satire as current today as it was when it was written.

Plus plenty of thrillers and lighter stuff such as Awakened by James Murray, The Quantum Supremacy by David Goldman, To Die in Vienna by Kevin Wignall and Killer Thriller by Lee Goldberg. Next up is Bad Blood by John Carreyou.

Next big book will probably be something by Tolstoy, most likely War and Peace. Definitely need to read Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter, too. And always on the list for upcoming releases: Lee Child, Stephen Hunter, the team of Richard Preston & Lincoln Child, and maybe something nasty by Cormac McCarthy.

Last edited:

shavefan

I’m not a fan
His first non-fiction work, I'm looking forward to it...

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 10.01.25 PM.png

Last edited:
I gave up on Crawdaddies Sing.

Reading Sarah Vowell's Lafayette in the Somewhat United States. Informative and amusing. She is a good essayist. I do not think David McCullough need feel threatened by her as an historian.

I gave up on Crawdaddies Sing.

Reading Sarah Vowell's Lafayette in the Somewhat United States. Informative and amusing. She is a good essayist. I do not think David McCullough need feel threatened by her as an historian.

I loved Assassination Vacation.

Top Bottom