What's new

What Are You Reading?

Still slogging through Dickens' "Bleak House". A hundred pages in and he's still introducing new locations and new character.
The man doesn't know how to end a sentence. I have to read them a couple of times to parse whatever he's trying to say.
Perelandra, the second book of CS Lewis's Space Trilogy.
Ooh - the psychedelic one.
proxy.php

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. I am fairly early in it. Takes a certain more that usual suspension of disbelief, but seems well-written, plotted, and the geographic area and culture are well-drawn. May turn out to be something of a woman's book, even though it has a nice murder mystery at the center of it.

Just finished listening to “A Legacy of Spies”, now need to go back and listen/read The Spy Who Came in from the Cold & Tinker Tailor.

These are all great books. I read The Spy Who Came In From the Cold and Tinker Tailor years ago. I reread them before reading A Legacy of Spies. I was surprised how much I had forgotten from the two earlier books. All three make a great combo to read together.

These are all great books. I read The Spy Who Came In From the Cold and Tinker Tailor years ago. I reread them before reading A Legacy of Spies. I was surprised how much I had forgotten from the two earlier books. All three make a great combo to read together.
Spybrary did a fun little podcast on Legacy: 18: A Legacy of Spies -John Le Carre review - Spybrary - Spy Podcast
It’s a fun podcast for guys who like to dork out on spy novels, lots of good stuff.

I highly recommend it. We have a place not on the Outer Banks but on a barrier island off Onslow Bay, south of the Outer Banks. That's my happy place. I'll be there in two weeks.
That sounds wonderful.
I see you are from eastern Tennessee.
My wife’s family is from Copper Hill Tennessee. A beautiful state!

Still slogging through Dickens' "Bleak House". A hundred pages in and he's still introducing new locations and new character.
The man doesn't know how to end a sentence. I have to read them a couple of times to parse whatever he's trying to say.

Ooh - the psychedelic one.
proxy.php

Oh God, 6 page runs of internal monologuing about parallels to the Garden of Eden.

:a52:

This is the longest short book I've ever read.

Gave up on Dickens' "Bleak House" for now.
Started "Leviathan Wakes", book one of "The Expanse" series by James S. A. Corey.
This was made in to a TV series by SyFy.

Top Bottom