What's new

Weird razors I have found. Post your own strange razor finds.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
One of the Cowan razor models, in case you want to shave with an adjustable slant razor that has mated with a Xenomorph.

View attachment 1350501

View attachment 1350497
View attachment 1350498
View attachment 1350499
View attachment 1350500
Is that thing legal in New York and California?!?......looks like the results of a bad acid trip! VERY groovy though...
My contribution to this thread is a fairly well known one but still odd. This is the shake sharp V1 for those that don't know it, it's from the mid 1940s. It takes Standard double edge blades but only one side is visible at any given time. It has a hone built in that can be flicked in and out to help maintain a blade edge.

It's not quite as weird as some in this thread but it's still an odd razor. I have the v2 as well which is similar but full metal construction.
View attachment 1350442
View attachment 1350443
View attachment 1350444
Oh! Don't tell my wife, but I need one of those!

Oh! Don't tell my wife, but I need one of those!

I would always suggest the V2 over the V1.

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

My contribution to this thread is a fairly well known one but still odd. This is the shake sharp V1 for those that don't know it, it's from the mid 1940s. It takes Standard double edge blades but only one side is visible at any given time. It has a hone built in that can be flicked in and out to help maintain a blade edge.

It's not quite as weird as some in this thread but it's still an odd razor. I have the v2 as well which is similar but full metal construction.

Thanks for sharing, always meant to get my hands on one of those to see how it works...looks like some sort of fibrous material for the strop?

The razor hone is actually some sort of metal, I'm not sure if it previously had an abrasive of some sort on it. If it did it doesn't have it any longer.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
My unicorn razor "IDEAL SHAVER". Some razors with a similar structure can be found on the Internet, but I haven't seen the exact same appearance. It's even hard to find background information about this razor.

The original owner claimed that the handle was celluloid. To avoid acid corrosion, I replaced it with "leather micarta" to improve the visual effect.
It can be folded like an elliot folder to suit travel use; and there are no screws at all, so I don't have to be afraid of it falling on a hard floor.
ideal shaver-a.jpeg

Slide the cap to install the blade, simple and fast.
ideal shaver-b.jpeg

I also replaced the original black case with a self-made leather micarta version, which imitated the vintage bakelite style.
ideal shaver-c.jpeg

Blade storage space, buried magnets.
ideal shaver-d.jpg

Mirror and metal plate with name engraved on it.
ideal shaver-e.jpg

The appearance contrasts with the original case.
ideal shaver-f.jpg

The original thin yellow handle, you can see some deformation and cracks, which makes people worry about its durability.
ideal shaver-01.jpeg

ideal shaver-02.jpeg

ideal shaver-03.jpeg

The storage state of the original handle + original case.
ideal shaver-04.jpeg

Last edited:
My unicorn razor "IDEAL SHAVER". Some razors with a similar structure can be found on the Internet, but I haven't seen the exact same appearance. It's even hard to find background information about this razor.

The original owner claimed that the handle was celluloid. To avoid acid corrosion, I replaced it with "leather micarta" to improve the visual effect.
It can be folded like an elliot folder to suit travel use; and there are no screws at all, so I don't have to be afraid of it falling on a hard floor.
View attachment 1351737

Slide the cap to install the blade, simple and fast.
View attachment 1351738

I also replaced the original black case with a self-made leather micarta version, which imitated the vintage bakelite style.
View attachment 1351739

Blade storage space, buried magnets.
View attachment 1351740

Mirror and metal plate with name engraved on it.
View attachment 1351741

The appearance contrasts with the original case.
View attachment 1351743

The original thin yellow handle, you can see some deformation and cracks, which makes people worry about its durability.
View attachment 1351744
View attachment 1351745
View attachment 1351746

The storage state of the original handle + original case.
View attachment 1351747
I remember when you posted your handiwork on the case and handle. Was it last year? Very nice work and very unusual razor.

Top Bottom