What's new

Weird razors I have found. Post your own strange razor finds.

Going through pics of razors I have stored away and spotted a few strange ones. I have shaved with every one, some were dangerous, some were sublime. I'll post one every few days. Post pics of your off the wall or weird shaving implements.

Transparent travel razor set:
100_5272.JPG

100_5273.JPG

100_5274.JPG

I love it! I've got to find one now, thanks...
I've got to say my Ronson is the oddest and coolest of my bunch.
I need a video to do it justice It has a strop on one side, OC on the other. Just roll it against your palm to strop the blade.
Then with the spring Acton in the handle you can raise the head to spin it 180 degrees, AND with the head raised you can flip the top cap over with the blade. It's marked 1-2-3-4 on the cap so you know what edge your using.
I'm drawn to mechanical genius, or at least what I'm impressed by anyway...
This thing is too cool for school. Best part, I got it for $5!!!

S10 5G pics 504.jpg

S10 5G pics 501.jpg

S10 5G pics 503.jpg

The blade actually sits with not a lot of gap. The shave is mild all tightened up and the razor “sings” during the strokes. Quite nice shave actually. Also, the razor feels much more sturdy in hand than it appears to be on pics. Only issue is the broad bars which are a bit in the way here and there :thumbup1:

My contribution to this thread is a fairly well known one but still odd. This is the shake sharp V1 for those that don't know it, it's from the mid 1940s. It takes Standard double edge blades but only one side is visible at any given time. It has a hone built in that can be flicked in and out to help maintain a blade edge.

It's not quite as weird as some in this thread but it's still an odd razor. I have the v2 as well which is similar but full metal construction.
20211022_205649.jpg

20211022_205701.jpg

20211022_205742.jpg

My contribution to this thread is a fairly well known one but still odd. This is the shake sharp V1 for those that don't know it, it's from the mid 1940s. It takes Standard double edge blades but only one side is visible at any given time. It has a hone built in that can be flicked in and out to help maintain a blade edge.

It's not quite as weird as some in this thread but it's still an odd razor. I have the v2 as well which is similar but full metal construction.
View attachment 1350442
View attachment 1350443
View attachment 1350444

Are you stacking blades in this?

Top Bottom