What's new

Weird razors I have found. Post your own strange razor finds.

166D51C0-505E-4DC9-ABA1-F77228AB057C.jpeg

The tiny double jimped SR was found under a log in a grove of creekside trees next to a bike path.

How does one shave with this brute. Where do you put the blade?

That deserved an answer. I have seen old Collins for sale, never bought one. The second picture shows razor with mounted blade, from above.

It is a lady's razor. You shave under your arms, or other parts that have a complex surface contour.

My contribution to this thread is a fairly well known one but still odd. This is the shake sharp V1 for those that don't know it, it's from the mid 1940s. It takes Standard double edge blades but only one side is visible at any given time. It has a hone built in that can be flicked in and out to help maintain a blade edge.

It's not quite as weird as some in this thread but it's still an odd razor. I have the v2 as well which is similar but full metal construction.
View attachment 1350442
View attachment 1350443
View attachment 1350444
How’s the shave of the Shake Sharp? I have an opportunity to purchase one at a reasonable price. I’d like to add something unique to my den that also shaves well.

How’s the shave of the Shake Sharp? I have an opportunity to purchase one at a reasonable price. I’d like to add something unique to my den that also shaves well.
I love both my V1 and my V2, they are aggressive but incredibly smooth. They provide very close shaves that remove hair with almost no effort.

I like the aesthetics of the V1 better and I'd be likely to buy one if I could find it for a reasonable price.

Can't resist posting this one in here since the razor is definitely strange. I love glow in the dark stuff. Can't really shave in the dark (will try though one day because I like to live dangerously) but you can shave illuminated by UV light which makes this thing practically blinding.

This iPhone pic was taken by the light emitted by the razor only, no external light source
IMG_2332b.jpeg

Can't resist posting this one in here since the razor is definitely strange. I love glow in the dark stuff. Can't really shave in the dark (will try though one day because I like to live dangerously) but you can shave illuminated by UV light which makes this thing practically blinding.

This iPhone pic was taken by the light emitted by the razor only, no external light sourceView attachment 1405702.
when and where is that thing from? who made it?

Rejuvenating this thread since I just received a new strange razor from overseas. A Wilkinson Sword creation, unlike anything I have seen. It came in a small art deco hinged Bakelite case.

I think I have the operation figured out. You basically stroke it back and forth rapidly while pressing it to your skin, moving a bit farther along as beard is cut. The head pivots on a shaft and the blades on either edge of the mechanism cut whatever hair has gotten through the foil during the stroke. It's more than a bit strange feeling to operate. It's like an electric but the rapid motion is provided by the user.

My beard was too long today so I didn't give it a good test but it felt like it was working. I'll try it after a day of growth to see how effective it is.

Needs a good detailed cleaning to get a couple tarnish spots off.

If anyone has info on it please share.
IMG_6139.jpeg
IMG_6163.jpeg
IMG_6144.jpeg
IMG_6143.jpeg
IMG_6140.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Rejuvenating this thread since I just received a new strange razor from overseas. A Wilkinson Sword creation, unlike anything I have seen. It came in a small art deco hinged Bakelite case.

I think I have the operation figured out. You basically stroke it back and forth rapidly while pressing it to your skin, moving a bit farther along as beard is cut. The head pivots on a shaft and the blades on either edge of the mechanism cut whatever hair has gotten through the foil during the stroke. It's more than a bit strange feeling to operate. It's like an electric but the rapid motion is provided by the user.

My beard was too long today so I didn't give it a good test but it felt like it was working. I'll try it after a day of growth to see how effective it is.

Needs a good detailed cleaning to get a couple tarnish spots off.

If anyone has info on it please share.
View attachment 1635064View attachment 1635069View attachment 1635068View attachment 1635067View attachment 1635065
Thanks for sharing this with us my friend!

Top Bottom