What's new

Warm bath and bathroom - great shave!

Hi,

Just wondered if any of you have found the following.

Normally, I shave after my shower, but recently have been taking more baths in the colder weather.

Our bathroom is small and heats up pretty quick once the heating is on.

I have found that a warmer room produces better shaves! Crazy? I don't know, but it seems to work. Shaving in the bath may also be beneficial - all that steam and soaking is really good prep.

Give it a try!

John

My tiny bathroom gets to the point of being too warm, and I begin to drip sweat from my hairline. Opening the door a crack can really help to moderate it though.

As long as your whiskers stay hydrated that's all thats really needed to set them up for a good shave. Of course good prep is necessary, but warm and moist makes a big difference. :tongue: :biggrin:

Since the sink in my new place leaks and I cannot afford to fix it right now, I have actually been shaving IN the bath using a mirror. If you float the lather bowl in the water it really keeps it nice and warm.

....It's just a shame that the entire bathroom is pink. That includes all tile work, the sink, toilet, and tub :glare:

id put it more down to better beard prep by it soaking in the bath, than just the room being hotter - but either way, so long as the shaves are good dont stop!

My bathroom is always freezing... It sucks....

And yes,, my shaves are haven't been as good as when it was warmer outside.... Cold air,, cold face,, cold lather,, plus shivering make for a sub-par shave....

Hi,

Just wondered if any of you have found the following.

Normally, I shave after my shower, but recently have been taking more baths in the colder weather.

Our bathroom is small and heats up pretty quick once the heating is on.

I have found that a warmer room produces better shaves! Crazy? I don't know, but it seems to work. Shaving in the bath may also be beneficial - all that steam and soaking is really good prep.

Give it a try!

John

I'd shave in the sauna at my gym if I could. LOL! or steam room

Top Bottom