What's new

Vintage Avon find

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Finally got a set of Avon Good Shots ... Yellow has Deep Woods, red has W.C.

Pix this weekend ...you gotta see the Minuteman!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Scored another Straight-8 full of the coveted (to us) Avon Island Lime.

I have found the bay sellers frequently offer a discounted (from already cheap) offer i.e. an email offer.

Suspect they are happy to move it after 40 years! ALPHA gain!

EDIT: Wife threatened divorce yesterday, when the Avon shotgun shells came (and she was unfortunately home). I pointed out the U.S. Declaration of Independence guarantees me "the right to the pursuit of Happiness."

So, I have good legal ground. She just called me "crazy," and gave in.

AA

Found an old car decanter of Oland goodness for $1. One of my fav scents. Will decant it into my ship in a bottle decanter and continue searching.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
And today I went back for a car full of Leather, and noticed ... Rainbow Trout full of Deep Woods! Hiding nearby was the Steamboat, filled with Spicy ... Gotta have that too. A Blend 7 Roadster joined the party ... And a Tribute filled black car of some sort. None with Wild Country, anyways. Winding up a week with about a dozen of these idiot things, a treasure hunt out of hand.

So I just slapped on some Windjammer. Man, it smells great!

AA

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Avon dune buggy in da house! Spicy. Full.

fullsizeoutput_250.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_252.jpeg

shavefan

I’m not a fan
5 oz Spicy, and one of the cooler decanters - nicely done!

Had a great shave with Island Lime today, one of Avon greats.

AA

Thanks Mike, I've been following this thread waiting for pics of your latest finds (hint, hint)...

I really like the Avon Spicy. REALLY like it. I'm luke warm on the Wild Country, but will give it some time.

Now I want to try the Windjammer & Tribute scents. What have I gotten myself into?!

....I really like the Avon Spicy. REALLY like it. I'm luke warm on the Wild Country, but will give it some time.

Now I want to try the Windjammer & Tribute scents. What have I gotten myself into?!

A DEEP rabbit hole! lol

Spicy is great, Leather and Oland are good strong scents, too. I personally like WC - and that's a good thing, because it's everywhere.
Windjammer and Tribute are so-so, Island Lime is much nicer than either to my nose. And I do like Bravo.
I'm warming up to Deep Woods cause the Mrs. likes it.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
A DEEP rabbit hole! lol

Spicy is great, Leather and Oland are good strong scents, too. I personally like WC - and that's a good thing, because it's everywhere.
Windjammer and Tribute are so-so, Island Lime is much nicer than either to my nose. And I do like Bravo.

I'm gonna need a bigger den....

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thanks Mike, I've been following this thread waiting for pics of your latest finds (hint, hint)...

I really like the Avon Spicy. REALLY like it. I'm luke warm on the Wild Country, but will give it some time.

You are on the right track, that's what!

Nothing adds to quality of the shave more than genuine 1970s Americana!

All right. I'll go shoot some pix ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A DEEP rabbit hole! lol

A man with the original wicker bottle of Island Lime knows what he's talking about!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Here we go:

full

Minuteman from 1976-76, Bravo in original bottle from 1969 - pure hippie madness! You will see this one again … when I do my "50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing" shave with a 1969 Techmatic. Anyways. Moving on ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Oh, yeah - car in back, Leather; Car in center Straight 8 with Island Lime; Rainbow Trout on right with Deep Woods - possibly my favorite (though I truly like all of the Avon's AS).

The brush is an Omega Hi-Brush and the razor, a Timeless Ti68 with custom Russian titanium handle and stand.

AA

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I could NOT resist three full cars full of cologne:

full

and if you're here for the love of Avon, neither could you ...

full

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Original bottle of Tai Winds - a must-have; and for shooters like me, Good Shot(s) in Deep Woods and Wild Country.

full

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
OK, I wanted the "Whale" set, but seriously. Who needs a giant plastic whale organizer?

I got the fake scrimshaw bottles from one, though. These were the only thing empty … but for a buck ...

full

Also, "Little Brown Jug" is such a classic. This one, Tai Winds.

AA

Top Bottom