What's new

Vintage Avon find

I know there are fans of Avon products here so I thought I'd share. Found this full bottle of Spicy for, as you can see, the princely sum of $1.50 at a Goodwill store. If you look closely you can see the layer of dust still visible. The screw off lid was so tight I wasn't sure it would even come off without breaking it.

The piece of tape has some writing on it that I can't make out, possibly from a yard sale many years ago.

Smells great! Very similar to Old Spice, maybe just a tad less strong.

I love finding them with the after shave still in them, and at a price like that I just have to say I definetly would have snatched it too. I never find them under 6 usually.

When I was just a wee lad, I used to think all those fancy bottles on the barber's shelf must contain pure liquid magic. :001_cool:

I just picked this one up last week, full and still in the box...

BONUS: It smells awesome!

Very nice! I've found a few empty Wild Country decanters, I remember using it back in probably the 80's.

When I was just a wee lad, I used to think all those fancy bottles on the barber's shelf must contain pure liquid magic. :001_cool:

I just picked this one up last week, full and still in the box...

BONUS: It smells awesome!

I lucked up and found 28 FULL Avon AS bottles from the seventies a couple years back :thumbup: For TWENTY BUCKS at a flea mkt and all of em still fresh! I will be living in the seventies for a while.
Wp

OK, this is getting fun now. Yesterday evening found two more at local thrift stores. The Whale Oil Lamp is full up to the top row of beads, 85-90% I'd guess, with Wild Country and you can see the level of Oland in the chess piece. Not really sure I care for the Oland scent but for $1 I couldn't pass it up. The Wild Country was setting with several empty Avon decanters priced at $1.49, not really sure why it was only 69 cents.

Nice! :thumbup1:

I've got another on the way but my son has already claimed it. :blink:

I will get some pictures though. It's one I remember my father having in the bathroom when I was young. :biggrin1:

I'm inspired to hit the antique shops here in Braselton now. I've hit two so far, and I grabbed this fun decanter full of Wild Country. Fore!