What's new

Vintage Avon find

Smells evokes such strong memories, don't they?

I got a puck of Bay Rum shaving soap from WSP, and it smells just like Superior 70 straight. So I'm pretty certain Sup 70 is as close to the "real" scent of bay as I'm gonna get. And it's so cheap to buy! Alas, it only lasts about 30-45 minutes on my skin. But that makes it great for work.
Although, being "that guy" because of Bay Rum wouldn't be all that bad! lol

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Smells evokes such strong memories, don't they?

I got a puck of Bay Rum shaving soap from WSP, and it smells just like Superior 70 straight. So I'm pretty certain Sup 70 is as close to the "real" scent of bay as I'm gonna get. And it's so cheap to buy! Alas, it only lasts about 30-45 minutes on my skin. But that makes it great for work.
Although, being "that guy" because of Bay Rum wouldn't be all that bad! lol

I'm pretty sure James Bond wore Bay Rum. It's not a bad association!

AA

215FCFA1-772E-40E0-AA48-A6C0C4DCB9BD.jpeg
Here are my Avon finds for this week, and one Old Spice. All smell great

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ok. More Avon for May-von!

Saw the somewhat rare original Tai Winds bottle, had to have it. Pipe has Leather and an attitude … it's either Irish or evil. Possibly both. Have to look it up. Centennial Train has Everest, getting harder to find. Boots N Saddle decanter is wrapped in Naugahyde or something, but I do have two 60's Leather Boots- it goes. Vantastic reminds me of High School days; Spicoli had nothing on us. And for $3 I'll take another golf club full of Deep Woods.

full

full

full

AA

You can't have too much Tai Winds.. or can you? :clap:

image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg

The Car was $5 at an antique shop I visited today for the first time. Usually prices in this type of trendy-neighborhood shop aren't the best, so I was pretty surprised by this. The piano I picked up later today at this Goodwill-like thrift shop that occasionally has some Avon. I've bought several Avon's there over the past few years and they're never over $2 each. I couldn't leave the store without it.

Last edited:
Ok. More Avon for May-von!

Saw the somewhat rare original Tai Winds bottle, had to have it. Pipe has Leather and an attitude … it's either Irish or evil. Possibly both. Have to look it up. Centennial Train has Everest, getting harder to find. Boots N Saddle decanter is wrapped in Naugahyde or something, but I do have two 60's Leather Boots- it goes. Vantastic reminds me of High School days; Spicoli had nothing on us. And for $3 I'll take another golf club full of Deep Woods.

full

full

full

AA

NICE HAUL!!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You can't have too much Tai Winds.. or can you? :clap:

View attachment 981767 View attachment 981768

Nice haul, back at ya! Glad I'm not the only one picking up treasure for cheap!

My awesome Other Vintage Avon Lady pretty much sells everything without a box for $3. That can be an empty bottle (not for me), a 2-oz or an 8-oz, so. I glom the larger ones.

After the flea market, the sickness, sorry, the hunt, took me to a new juntique place. Sure enough they had some oddballs ... $8, minus 20%. Beats eBay, which adds shipping.

AA

Nice haul, back at ya! Glad I'm not the only one picking up treasure for cheap!

My awesome Other Vintage Avon Lady pretty much sells everything without a box for $3. That can be an empty bottle (not for me), a 2-oz or an 8-oz, so. I glom the larger ones.

After the flea market, the sickness, sorry, the hunt, took me to a new juntique place. Sure enough they had some oddballs ... $8, minus 20%. Beats eBay, which adds shipping.

AA

I still think it's funny how sellers are surprised when I say I'm interested in the juice and whether or not the bottle is full or empty.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I still think it's funny how sellers are surprised when I say I'm interested in the juice and whether or not the bottle is full or empty.

Exactly! Had that today at the new place. "I know perfume goes 'off,'" she said.

I have yet to see a bad bottle of Avon aftershave or cologne... got a couple dozen, at this point.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Gotten a few Avon lined up on the bid site; "Little Brown Jug XXX" came the other day. Tai Winds!

It's almost funny, but got a message today where the seller DROPPED the American Buffalo ... and the other seller "couldn't find" the Capital.

In both cases I got refunds, but. Bet the dropped Buffalo smelled nice ... :001_unsur :07: :a15:and perhaps a map could have helped the other seller ...:001_tt2:

In "other" Avon: Does anyone know how to read the six-digit code on the bottom of the bottles?

It's probably some industry-standard thing, as with canned food - if you understand it, you can date it, but most consumers can't ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Lunchtime brought the red 1936 MG (Wild Country) and the (proverbial) Solid Gold Cadillac (Wild Country). Full, of course, 5 and 6 oz. respectively.

Here's the video that goes with the Caddy:

Officially have enough WC now to fill an olympic-sized swimming pool. And it's such a good fougere ...

AA

Top Bottom