What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

I saw this bottle of Mister Ree today at a yard sale for $1, but I wasn't really sure I wanted it until I read that using it would make me feel super alive, untensed and exciting. That's worth at least a dollar.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Just got this vintage, glass bottle of Lilac Vegetal

$LV.jpg

I'm at the office, so I can't really have a proper sniff, but I put a drop on my hand, and though the opening notes are so-so, once the alcohol evaporates, the smell is MUCH nicer than plastic bottle LV. It's more powdery, less urinal-y. The plastic bottle stuff turns bad too quick, and then it smells cheap, and just like low-grade chinese restaurant bathroom deodorant. This has at least some proper base notes.

Not really super vintage or rare, but I just nabbed a couple full mid to late 70's Wild Country "Chess" decanters from eBay for less than $10 shipped for both. My Mom sold Avon when I was a child and Wild Country was a scent I was all too familiar with and it brings back a lot of memories. This is the good potent stuff too, not that newer watered down junk, it's stronger than some EdT's I've smelled.

Not very vintage, i know, but was wondering what era could this be from ? Empty bottle but it just looks so good to me that i had to give it a clean and save it.
$IMG_1717.jpg

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
A couple of weeks I 'scored' off the Bay this vintage (don't know the age), six (6) inch Vintage Bottle of ED Pinaud Clubman. When it arrived, it still had some Clubman leftover in the bottle, but after trying some it was kind of spunked. So I poured it out and refilled it when Citrus Musk. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Hard work is the aftershave of accomplishment". Author Unknown

Attachments

• $wm_normal_t2ec16zhjg_e9nm3q9nnbp8w8ovw_w_60_57.jpg
    $wm_normal_t2ec16zhjg_e9nm3q9nnbp8w8ovw_w_60_57.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
I decanted a couple of common aftershaves from their cheap plastic bottles into old glass containers
The Spitfire lighter fluid bottle now has Aqua Velva, the Buergers Bueroma has Clubman and the Hiram Walker bottle has common drug store witch hazel
I like glass much more than plastic and I think the products work better too...and its fun :biggrin1:

proxy.php

I scored some Hai Karate off E-bay for £10 .
loving the smell ,kinda reminds me of Clubman Musk .

Attachments

• $hai karate.jpg
    $hai karate.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 456
gosh, now I wish I still had a bottle of the Wild Turkey Musk from Avon my grandmother always gave me for Christmas.

I am jarred out of my B&B semi-retirement to express ABSOLUTE AWE, WONDER, AND ENVY at this!!!!!

I love the after-shave... (I hoard it) and I might sell, trade, or risk anything for that shave stick.....

what a FANTASTIC FIND!!!!

I bow to you, sir.

- Jon

[edit: OK, re my 'sell, trade, or risk' statement... of course I wouldn't really give up literally anything. ...but maybe almost anything!

Never seen one of those HFR shave sticks....]

Last edited:
Top Bottom