What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

:whistling:

$IMG_20120417_153651.jpg
99% full

It seems that only Americans like to go antique shopping for aftershaves.

Has any of our Trans-Atlantic cousins ever found an early 20th century bottle of Trumper's or Penhaligon's? (or Creed? ;)

"The Baron for Gentleman. After Shaving"

I got this from a friend, and instantly thought the bottle looked old, and that the contents smell like a spicier version of Lilac Vegetal. Fragrance X indicates it debuted in 1961. They describe it as "refined, spicy, lavender, amber fragrance".

So my comparison to Lilac Vegetal is probably not that far off.

Since I greatly dislike Lilac Vegetal, I find this pretty repulsive too.

By the way, it's still available today.

$TheBaron.jpg

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 655
Not a full shot of the bottle but it is GLASS! Given its similar look to the current Clubman bottle, I'm not sure of the age, but I always prefer the glass bottle. Picked up a vintage empty glass bottle for Lilac Vegatal recently. Now I just have to see if I'm meant for the Veg or not! :lol:
proxy.php

An excellent choice, I live very close to this distillery

Vintage Skin Bracer in a light bulb bottle. Found by my SWMBO at the local Goodwill! No idea on age...

I have the same Skin Bracer bottle. It dates to the 1970's when there was a collectible bottle craze going on. Avon made at least 200 different aftershave/ cologne decanters in this era. The thought was they would be collectible, and one day worth big money, but for the most part it hasn't happened.

Your photo somewhat depicts this, but the bottle is absolutely huge: it's 7oz in size!!

Skin Bracer also made a hand, golf club, a polar bear, and globe decanters as well.

Heres my contribution. A complete Avon chess set. Every bottle is full to the top.$IMG_1447.jpg 1/2 Wild Country and 1/2 Spicy, now thats a lot of AS.

Does anyone know where I can purchase some Yardley After Shave in the US? It used to be my favorite after shave which dates me...but I can't find it anymore! Appreciate the help!

A pretty good day in the wild today. From L-R a 1962 era travel bottle of talc $1, a 1956 era bottle of talc also $1, and a 1973 era bottle of aftershave $2. I'm especially happy with the '56 bottle of talc because that's my birth year and it matches the cologne I have from the same era.

All are full, just need a little cleaning.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I am new to the forum so I'm not sure how unusual Florida Water is but I don't know anyone who uses it. It is "vintage" in that it's been available for over 100 years. It says "cologne" but I find it to be much more of a splash. Great smell though and inexpensive at around $3 for a 7.5 oz. bottle. Made in New Jersey - http://www.lanman-and-kemp.com/florida.htm

Attachments

• $00014.JPG
    $00014.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 369
Top Bottom