What's new

Unconventional SV Storage

I have used the Bullgoose container but found it too bulky. The Maggards jars below, made and supplied by Colt’s Plastics, are nice but a bit wide.

I have gone back to the IKEA Grundtal containers. Perfect tight fit for the SV pucks. After all these years the Grundtal jars might be my favorite again. Love them.

SV 4.3 is an amazing soap. A lot of great artisan home soap cookers making wonderful products today but this professionally made triple milled product out of northern Italy is a standout.

View attachment 1244251View attachment 1244252
The Italiens are at the front of the pack when it comes to soap making.

I have used the Bullgoose container but found it too bulky. The Maggards jars below, made and supplied by Colt’s Plastics, are nice but a bit wide.

I have gone back to the IKEA Grundtal containers. Perfect tight fit for the SV pucks. After all these years the Grundtal jars might be my favorite again. Love them.

SV 4.3 is an amazing soap. A lot of great artisan home soap cookers making wonderful products today but this professionally made triple milled product out of northern Italy is a standout.

View attachment 1244251View attachment 1244252
Those look like the ones Dollar Tree sells....

That's a pretty strong statement. I have a SV puck and it does not blow away anything else. There are many artisans at the front of the pack.
There are plenty of good products in the world and there is room in the pack for others but for me the Italiens dominate. I haven’t tried them all but Saponificio Varesino v4.3, Acqua di Parma, Santa Maria Novella, Nuavia Blu and Antica Barbiera Colla have all stuck a cord. Five out of five were winners for me. The performance, scent profile and consistency are excellent. These are sophisticated products that are at the top of their game. They’re always available for purchase, you don’t need to wait for drops and you can be confident that they will still be around when you need a refill. There’s not a lot that can compete at this level.

Last edited:
And some would say, not totally inadequate cars....

proxy.php

Mirto di Sardegna doesn't seem to get as much love as other SV scents, but I love the stuff. When I got my puck I was finishing a tub of a Declaration Grooming soap. It fit fine in the empty container.

Top Bottom